right then

since i enjoyed building my telecaster, ive decided i want to build another guitar. atm im thinking single pickup TOM bridge, but im a bit indecisive about the shape. one design i have is like the rr but has a cutout on the bottom sort of like the custom shop models, and the other is a charvel star. the body wood is meranti, and i think i would either mbuy or make a set neck OR find a broken guitar an nick the bolt on neck if it has one. opinions?
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Do up the RR and make your own set neck, you'll be stoked if you have a guitar that you built all from scratch.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
right few updates

bodys cut and neck is getting there. no pics coz its at school. if any of you followed my last build, i did mention a laser an about how im going to use it in my build for fretboards and inlays so guess wot i've done today????

awwwwwww ye. for a practice one made of MDF, i dont think its that bad
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
cheers mate.

in theory, i can do any black and white image so long as it fits a fretboard. there is a lot of potential
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
That's really cool, of course it would be better if you could do it with MoP or abalone (sp?)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
nice vector inlays man, ill be following this thread
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
id love to do abalone or MOP, but as i said these were just practice, and if i end up doing a maple board then i'll do black acrylic. i might change the design to so that i can do sum more engraving, possibly on the bits of the board withot inlays, but i'm not sure
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
update: pictures of the body for ya it only looks wierd coz of the angle, ill add another pic on monday. also the mould for my custom pickup cover that i vacformed and the result when i vac formed it. im also going to do a pickup suround ring thing the same way in white.

My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
thanks guys quick question since it'll be finished in white, should i do black inlays on a maple board or MOP/white inlays on a rosewood board, or a complete different colour inlay on any?
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Last edited by Robbo1422 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by Robbo1422
thanks guys quick question since it'll be finished in white, should i do black inlays on a maple board or MOP/white inlays on a rosewood board, or a complete different colour inlay on any?

I'd do an ebony board with MOP inlays cause I like ebony
Impossible is Nothing
White acrylic vine of life/DNA/flame inlays on ebony would be amazing, imo.

Also, sweet looking green strat in the background.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
White acrylic vine of life/DNA/flame inlays on ebony would be amazing, imo.

Also, sweet looking green strat in the background.

lol its actually a black cort G250. atm its my go to guitar for metal
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
XD nice inlays.. i like those v's. But the dye looks kinda messy. Like the dye oozed out and you wiped it and it stained the fb or something. anyways, interesting.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
XD nice inlays.. i like those v's. But the dye looks kinda messy. Like the dye oozed out and you wiped it and it stained the fb or something. anyways, interesting.

lol its not the ACTUAL board that i'll use, that one was just a test with some MDF and white acrylic scrap i could get my hands on in the store at school. for the actual board ill be gluing the inlays in from the back i think to avoid mess on the front. i haven't actually put any dye on that board as well btw. and to bv310... i dont think that those inlays would suit this guitar, but i might make models of them to see stay tuned
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
updates but no pics

did a bit of sanding on the body and glued one ear onto the headstock. if it fails as a neck then i had fun doing it an i'll have expierience for making the next one, coz i don't know how it'll turn out. also cut out the surround for my pickup out of some nice mirror acrylic not got round to making tose fretboards, but i have found a cheap way to do picks:
1 sheet of polystyrene costs 30p
i can put any design on a pick
10 minutes later via the laser = 112 picks
i should start a business..... lol
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by fullsailstudent
looks like your body is pretty thick. what do you say?

i say: 'its my guitar built for me. i like it, it feels fine, there aren't any weight issues so i'm keeping it as it is'
today i glued the neck on the body nd shaped it. pics up shortly. i also used the lathe to make some aluminium strap butons which kick ass, u put the strap on before you screw them in and then the strap won't come off because of how big it is at the end

EDIT: PICTORZZZZZ!!!!

My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Last edited by Robbo1422 at Jul 15, 2009,
Looking very nice. I love that headstock style, IMO it's the best compliment for a V style body.
Quote by Shabadoo
Looking very nice. I love that headstock style, IMO it's the best compliment for a V style body.

i no what you mean, i'm glad i did that now instead of a six a side. still needs a lot of work tho, and i was thinking that i could maybe do mirror binding around the fretboard and on the headstock? thoughts?
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
bump
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by R74NOGRADY
+1

And i i have a question about your straplocks. Are you just going to leave them on forever with the strap?

well i'll take them off every so often for cleaning etc and when i get my new strap ( coz that one sucks) but other then that ye - my theory is if i cant get it off it cant come off
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal