i kinda view ESP as its own brand, and epiphone as a 2nd hand. always kinda of looked down on epi's just because it's a purposely made down-grade of a guitar.
get the epi mine is made in china plays just the same as the american i played. the only guitar that stuff really makes it bad is the strat but anyway epi all the way
what kind of music? ESP's are for a kind've metalish tone i like to think because of bands like Every Time I Die. and les pauls can be used for numbers of things
Quote by jjennings216
what kind of music? ESP's are for a kind've metalish tone i like to think because of bands like Every Time I Die. and les pauls can be used for numbers of things

Forgot to state that, I play metal. Exactly what I play can be found (shameless plug) here.

By the way, you do know that both of them have the exact same pickup configuration?
true. and didn't notice. well then i guess it's all down to looks, i've played an ESP almost like that before, and i liked it, and once again, for some reason i don't really take 2nd glances at'm.
that is a hard choice to make lol, i would go with the ltd i think
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by jjennings216
i kinda view ESP as its own brand, and epiphone as a 2nd hand. always kinda of looked down on epi's just because it's a purposely made down-grade of a guitar.

and ESP dont do budget guitars?
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Quote by jjennings216

You do realize that the guitar is a LTD, right? The budget version of ESP. Same as Epiphone is for Gibson.
I'd go for the ec-401. I've played both and just prefer it over the epi. It's all personal preference though.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Taclite
Forgot to state that, I play metal. Exactly what I play can be found (shameless plug) here.

By the way, you do know that both of them have the exact same pickup configuration?

The ESP has the 81 in the bridge and the 60 in the neck and the Epi has the 81 in the bridge and the 85 in the neck doesn't it?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The ESP has the 81 in the bridge and the 60 in the neck and the Epi has the 81 in the bridge and the 85 in the neck doesn't it?

Ah, good point. I evidently failed there.
Quote by Taclite
Ah, good point. I evidently failed there.

LOL no failage is present this day they are both solid pickups but I do prefer the 81/60 combo I use it myself
Don't worry, i still might be able to find you one from the Idol series. :P

Edit: found them. I just don't know how accessible they are in mainland Europe.
http://www.dv247.com/invt/44660/ -I'd personally get this. fantastic build quality, materials, and the EMG's.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by jjennings216

It's funny you say that, ETID play Gibson Les Pauls, not ESPs or LTDs.

Quote by jjennings216

And LTD is ESP's Epiphone. So be consistent or realize you're mistaken.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Baby Joel

those all have licensed floyds and by the dude suggesting an LP or EC it maybe says he is in to a Les Paul shape

get the LTD it would probably be the more soild guitar in the end
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Last edited by Shayne777 at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Taclite
Already got a Washburn D200ProE and it's quite decent, but I'm going for a Les Paul shape this time :p

Schecter makes a hellraiser in a Les Paul shape with EMGs. I can attest that it is a pretty good guitar.
Quote by Shayne777
those all have licensed floyds and by the dude suggesting an LP or EC it maybe says he is in to a Les Paul shape

get the LTD it would probably be the more soild guitar in the end

1. Nothing wrong with Licensed Floyds. Specially Washburns, as they're pretty good as far as LFR's go.
2. In my second post, I linked to a Les Paul shape, with EMG's. Perfect for what TS wants.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
LTD it's true it's good for metal tones (better than the Epi) but it's so much more versatile than that. I tried one and played rock, metal, hair metal (:P) and clean, it did everything great.

Tbh, with a good amp either would be very good. But I think the LTD looks better and they're less common than Epis.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould