my friends and I are starting a band. My friend has a marshall mg100 watt combo and I have a crate flexwave 120 which I got for $125 NEW and it's great for what we are doing now. I dont use the amp distortion so I use my pedals so overall the amp is fine for now because we are not serious musicias. I have a drumset but I probally won't need to be miced up right. We are looking to buy a pa system and a few microphones. We do not want to spend over $200. What else would we need? I already have allot of pedals but do we need a mixer for the microphones or do we have all of the stuff already? I have a Gibson sg guitar and my friend has a Jackson. I don't know what model it is but it was like $500. I think our gear is fine for now but in the future we will update amps and other stuff when we get more serious about gigging buy for now for a 13 year old band our gear is fine. What else do we need though to play live shows? All help would be greatly appreciated.
Get rid of the MG and you're not gonna get a good PA system with mics for 200$ Id say save up a little more and get some shure SM58s for vocals im assumeing? And then you can save up for a Mackie or Behringer mixing board with Monitors. You have anymore questions message me.
Haha good job Danyg... I was going to say.
Your going to have issues finding a 200 dollar PA system to be completely honest. The one im running on ( and its pretty mid range) cost about 1900 and thats just one mixer/amp and 2 large speakers.
I find it funny how you even thought to bring up micing the drumset though considering your amp is likely barely loud enough to be heard over the set.
The way i look at it is you get back what you put in so if you want to be good, good gear is a must, especially considering it sounds like you guys already have good guitars. A guitar can only sound as good as the amp its played on, ya know?
What happened to the Raven you had? You just keep making up BS threads, it's ridiculous. You wind up not even listening to ANYTHING we have to say in the end EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Edit: Definitely a troll, like WTF!! is a tab said in some other thread you made, you were raving about your Raven and then 10 minutes later you say you returned it. This is getting out of hand. STOP TROLLING.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jul 3, 2009,
Do you have a bass player? Only you didn't mention anything about one. I take it you have a drummer so you're covered there. As you say, you won't need to mic drums until you play places that probably have a house PA, so if you've only one or two people singing, a mixing amp sounds the best. No need to go too heavy on the power yet, as far as PA speakers go but bear in mind that you will have to learn how to play quiet enough to get a balance. You might pick up a mixer amp and a pair of pedestal speakers at a good price but you'll probably have to look long and hard for them.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I saw a mixer for like $50 and a 100 watt speaker for $150. We don't have a bass right now but we are trying to find one. I'm not a troll I returned my raven and bought my flexwave off of craiglist. It's not your gear so why do you care. Thankyou for all of your help guys. Some people actually give advice while others rant on old threads. How much should a microphone cost? Most of the places we play should have some sort of speakers though right?
Not to be mean but yea? You had a Raven, then a B-52....

Or did you?

What you need to get is a clue. We help people that genuinely want it, but once our advice falls on deaf ears we are less inclined to post in any of your threads. If you keep it up, nobody will post any advise other than the usual...

Get a spider III, rape, or ICB.

Good luck with that.
It's not 13 year olds, it's 13 year olds who think they know everything, and come in here with a closed mind, not wanting to take the advice given.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
Your budget is too low to be honest. You don't need to buy a mixer and PA equipment yet. Most gigs have a system. You could maybe shell out for some Shure SM58s so that you have good mics. I suggest doubling your budget and buying a couple of those and also buying a couple Shure SM57s for your amps. Also, have some good mic cables on hand.
gtfo troll.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
enough with the 13 y/o hate.
i get offended sometimes
and most 13 y/o's here are not idiots

and TS HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A FLEXWAVE THAT QUICK!!!!
2 days ago you had an acoustic practice amp, the day before that you got a raven and 2 days before that you made a thread asking what our opinions are and you didint listen......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 3, 2009,
Firstly

TROLL

Secondly

If, by some warped sense you are legit., then sell the SG. It is better to have a mediocre amp and a mediocre guitar (ie. your mates Jackson) than a really good guitar and a poor amp. Sell the SG and both amps, and use the money from that to buy Tiny Terror heads or some similar 15 watt valve thing - your kit will not need micing and your guitars will be loud enough for some v. small gigs.

EDIT - sorry thought you had the MG - sell the SG and the MG, buy a slightly less good guitar and get your mate a TT
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Jul 3, 2009,
I think TS just wants the banhammer to hit him upside the head.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
I think TS just wants the banhammer to hit him upside the head.

I want that to hit him upside his head too.

Also, it's not about 13 year old hate, Alf, it's about the fact that he is totally trolling and has been doing so for the past week. Even you yourself agreed to that. We have some very smart 13 year olds on this board, like bulletrocks, and Alf.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87
We have some very smart 13 year olds on this board, like bulletrocks, and Alf.

aww

and yea TS is been making different threads asking for new amp suggestions and/or asking for a way to improve his tone with his current (always different in every thread) amps
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
enough with the 13 y/o hate.
i get offended sometimes
and most 13 y/o's here are not idiots

and TS HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A FLEXWAVE THAT QUICK!!!!
2 days ago you had an acoustic practice amp, the day before that you got a raven and 2 days before that you made a thread asking what our opinions are and you didint listen......

You're 13?!

Wow, I did not expect that...
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
You're 13?!

Wow, I did not expect that...

turned 14 last april
feel free to add me
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I always pictured you as a 20 year old with glasses for some reason.

i do have glasses... but not the nerdy round ones
feel free to add me
lol let's talk about alf!! thread jack much??

get a bass and bass amp. and get some half decent mics.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Okay there's a million things wrong here, here are my opinions:

1. At 13 years old, you are not ready to start anything serious, you just aren't at 13, yeah it might be fun to mess around with your friends but you're only going into 8th grade, and I don't believe there's anyone in the world at that age that can take this 100% seriously. I just think that for all the gear and stuff you're asking for is quite a bit to take in at this age.

2. I'm just curious as to how you and your friends afford your gear at 13. How do you afford however many "a lot of pedals" is, a Gibson SG, a mid-range Jackson, along with the amps, and expect mics and a PA system? It's not like you each have jobs or anything, and how long would it take you to save up? Birthdays and Christmas's and Barmitzvah's aren't exactly very often.

3. I think it's great you're starting to play at so young, but how long have you been playing? If it's anything under 2 years I would suggest MUCH more practice, listening to more music, trying new techniques. If you like metal and everything related to it, branch out and try blues for good clean guitar riffs, some hip-hop for sweet low-end beats for bass and drums, listen to some post-rock to hear how bands get their unique sound, then blend all that together to get your own sound.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by apak
lol let's talk about alf!! thread jack much??

get a bass and bass amp. and get some half decent mics.

I think this thread should be jacked, personally.

Hey WTF, how does everyone know your name? Did you have a party and invite only the cool kids?
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by Helbent Revenge
I think this thread should be jacked, personally.

Hey WTF, how does everyone know your name? Did you have a party and invite only the cool kids?

look at my sig

and in 5min im going to delete all my posts so i dont get warned/banned
feel free to add me