i recently listend to a few dragonforce songs and ive noticed that a some of their songs sound a lot alike, i mostly noticed this in "heroes of our time" and "through the fire and flames"
is this just a coinincidence or are all their songs almost the same?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
lol power metal n00b
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
that doesnt really answer my question
but well said
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
that doesnt really answer my question
but well said

sounding the same pretty much comes with power metal unless the band is really really good for a power metal band. dragonforce is probably the worst and most generic. they use pro tools up the ass. they cant play worth the 25$ the tickets to their shows cost. they also get drunk before and during every concert. its quite dumb if you ask me.

and if you want hermans actual basis on why songs sound the same, i remember seeing a vid where he said its so they play a few songs and you know the band, and when youre at a festival and youve never heard them before its easier to have fun i guess.

did i miss anything?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 3, 2009,
Have you only just latched onto this?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Have you only just latched onto this?

+64736

EDIT: btw ts, the first part of your sig makes no sense. to me at least
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 3, 2009,
not really its cos i heard about it a lot b4, and i also noticed it, but i just wanted to make sure
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Linqua5150
sounding the same pretty much comes with power metal unless the band is really really good for a power metal band. dragonforce is probably the worst and most generic. they use pro tools up the ass. they cant play worth the 25$ the tickets to their shows cost. they also get drunk before and during every concert. its quite dumb if you ask me.

and if you want hermans actual basis on why songs sound the same, i remember seeing a vid where he said its so they play a few songs and you know the band, and when youre at a festival and youve never heard them before its easier to have fun i guess.

did i miss anything?

How 'bout you go listen to some actual Power Metal before making claims like that?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
How 'bout you go listen to some real Power Metal before making claims like that?

here we go... *sigh* did i mention there was a point where i was pretty much obsessed with power metal? that it was my favorite genre? i had rhapsody of fires discography, dragonforce, helloween, etc? i have a live dvd of helloween that i actually bought on my left on the shelf i can see it right now. i have ensiferums discography, norther, CoB. symohony x's new album. my friend is obsessed with sonata arctica. i used to listen to night wish. turisas. rhapsody used to be my favorite band. how are you gonna say i havent listened to power metal?

most of the songs have that same drum beat/blast beat whatever with the gallopish thing on double bass, while the choruses use one to two half/whole note chords per measure, the verses are all eighth/sixteenth muted notes with some of the full power chord on an accent. i find this prevalent in norther and the new lineup of ensiferum with petri. imo jari actually wrote some goo original stuff.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
then wats a good power metal band
and how good is firewind
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Linqua5150
sounding the same pretty much comes with power metal unless the band is really really good for a power metal band.

well thats bull****
does anyone else know that helloweens keeper of the 7 keys is 13:37 long? lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
By real Power Metal, I meant Power Metal with balls. Anvil, Manowar, Running Wild, you get the idea.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
By real Power Metal, I meant Power Metal with balls. Anvil, Manowar, Running Wild, you get the idea.

Although I wouldn't really call Anvil Power Metal
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Although I wouldn't really call Anvil Power Metal

Yeah, really a toss up of Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, and Power Metal. Power Metal enough, though.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Yeah, close enough compared to the recent barrage of faux-power metal bands, like Dragonforce.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Running Wild? Hammerfall? Rising Force? Bal-Sagoth (I consider them to be fairly power metal)? I? Manilla Road?

And Dragonforce isn't really all THAT fake. That intro to TTFAF is all done on the keyboard, but with GH3, people got the mindset that it was done on guitar. But still, they suck hard.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Running Wild? Hammerfall? Rising Force? Bal-Sagoth (I consider them to be fairly power metal)? I? Manilla Road?

And Dragonforce isn't really all THAT fake. That intro to TTFAF is all done on the keyboard, but with GH3, people got the mindset that it was done on guitar. But still, they suck hard.

Last 2 times ive seen them play it live they did it on Accoustics. and it sounded right.
but the first two it was done on Keyboard. and it sounded nothing like it should on album.

and Bal Sagoth arnt power metal, nor are turisas or ensiferum mentioned on the last page.
Bal-Sagoth, Turisas, and Ensiferum have very large power metal influences, actually. Most would even consider Bal-Sagoth to be more black power metal than symphonic black metal (I'd personally label them as symphonic black).
Power Metal influence, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't completely moronic to call Bal-Sagoth a Power Metal band.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
As said, I consider them to be fairly power metal. Of course, they have heavy symphonic black elements, but the guitar (usually seen in the intro of songs), lyrical themes, and many of their songs involving outside instruments such as trumpets can be seen as relevant to both power, and symphonic metal. For example, the song The Voyagers Beneath the Mare Imbrium has a very clear power metal sound, while Beneath the Crimson Vaults of Cydonia is much more on the symphonic black metal side. And many of their songs transition from power metal intros into a symphonic black metal sound, such as Summoning the Guardians of the Astral Gate.
Yes, there is clear Power Metal influence, but like I said, it is still very far from actual Power Metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Obviously. Although I'd like to see Byron go up on stage in tight leather and boots...

And how did I forget to mention BG and Alestorm, yet I mentioned I... O_O

Also, there's some great alternatives to bands like Dragonforce in the spanish power metal area. I know it's somewhat ridiculous and cheesy, of course, but it's still fun to listen to, and Spain and a few South American nations make some great power metal.
Quote by Linqua5150
here we go... *sigh* did i mention there was a point where i was pretty much obsessed with power metal? that it was my favorite genre? i had rhapsody of fires discography, dragonforce, helloween, etc? i have a live dvd of helloween that i actually bought on my left on the shelf i can see it right now. i have ensiferums discography, norther, CoB. symohony x's new album. my friend is obsessed with sonata arctica. i used to listen to night wish. turisas. rhapsody used to be my favorite band. how are you gonna say i havent listened to power metal?

most of the songs have that same drum beat/blast beat whatever with the gallopish thing on double bass, while the choruses use one to two half/whole note chords per measure, the verses are all eighth/sixteenth muted notes with some of the full power chord on an accent. i find this prevalent in norther and the new lineup of ensiferum with petri. imo jari actually wrote some goo original stuff.

ok now how about trying good power metal

blind guardian
sabaton
keldian
black knight
control denied
falconer
I think TS hasn't ventured before Inhuman Rampage.

Although DF have gotten progressively worse with their albums. The only "Original" songs that dont sound like clones of every other album is from Valley of the Damned.