My mate needs a suitable amp for gigging-about 300w I would guess. He's looking at up to £250 max but would much rather spend way below that. He's been looking at alot of old traces.

One thing though, we rehearse at another friends basement which has a PA system but not enough right mics for amps, but right now he's been going straight into the PA because his current amp is falling to bits. Because he can't be assed to take a ****ing huge amp to band practices every week, we were trying to find a way that he could maybe just go through a head somehow and then into the PA, therefore leaving the cab at home. Can this be done? I think there's a TC that does it. Does DI cover it?

Thanks
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Last edited by Cachao at Jul 7, 2009,
If you want to go straight into the foh via a DI, you should forget about getting an amp, because it simply won't be getting used. Look at the Aguilar Tone Hammer or a Radial passive DI box if you just want a straightforward DI
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
no, this is for practices where he can't be assed to lug around an entire amp back and forth but doesnt mind taking a head, so the entire amp will be used just not in band practices, it also saves him having to buy a practice amp.

Any ideas?
Quote by SLonergan

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
I think you'd be better off buying an amp and cab for gigs but just using a DI box for practice. DI's aren't expensive, and they don't really need to be top notch quality (unless you're recording with it), you're only be practicing with it. Also, I don't think you're gonna find much of a gigging amp for £250 or less.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding

I'm not sure about sound, but this one makes you look awesome on stage
Whats that thing holding in its hand?

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
yeah, my question's still not being answered

I mean which amp? So he can take just the head to practice and the head AND cab to gigs
Quote by SLonergan

I was just wondering whether a head could work on it's on with only a DI output or something to go into a PA-for practice.
Quote by SLonergan

Can't be assed? Seriously? You want someone who "can't be assed" to not be lugging his rig to practice when (presumably) everyone else does? I'd tell him to either to take the extra minute or 2 to lift his 410 into the car to take to practice or to find a new band that will tolerate his laziness.
If you're serious about a band there isn't a whole lot that you "can't be assed" about.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 10, 2009,
He's 15. I just leave mine at practice because I have a diddy little marshall ms-2 at home, and practice is right next door to me.

But in any other circumstance, I agree with you.
Quote by SLonergan

The amp is the TC Electronics Rebelhead 450 and it allows for speaker free operation, which is what we're looking for.
Quote by SLonergan

I see at least ten of these which amp/ which bass/ which bass and amp to buy threads per day and I think I speak for the majority of UG forumites when I say do a search because we are frankly tired of answering the same redundant question over and over and over and over and over and over.....
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
I have done a search-why would I be on here if I hadn't
Quote by SLonergan

Quote by SoundManMike
searchbar rant

yeah, not your average "which amp" thread? otherwise I'd have raged all over the place by now. My suggestion is to follow the advice of Scott B, from what I can see
No, I see what he means. The cab will be used for gigs, juts not in band practice. Basically, this idea exists to eliminate a practice amp.

So would a head work on its own with only a DI as an output?
Or a line out which won't blow a PA?
Quote by SLonergan