I found a Godin SD 22 (fat strata in a les paul body). It has a nice 60's vibe to it, but can get dark for overdrive and blues. I also found a Roland JC-120. It has nice cleans and really lets your guitar come through with just a hair of coloration from the amp. The built-in chorus and reverb sound good. surprisingly, since its a SS.

Anyway, the only thing I would add a tremolo instead of vibrato, and definitely a distortion, since the amp's sounds like a muddy clean boost at best.

As for the distortion, I am wanting either an MXR distortion, or a Plexi-type distortion of somesort. Which do you think would work best for 80's pop-rock (i.e. Bowie, Bon Jovi, Poison, etc.)?
The JC120 is one of the best solid states ever as well as being one of the best clean amps around. How did you manage both of those? Free?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The JC120 is one of the best solid states ever as well as being one of the best clean amps around. How did you manage both of those? Free?

God himself granted me them...

Just kidding...awe!

I am saving up for them. hehehe Guitar in next 3-4 months, amp around 8 months after that. I am assuming thats how long it would take to save. give or take.

anyway what distortion would you suggest for a Plexi-ish distortion?
Catalinbread Super Charged OD?
Xotic BB Preamp?
MI Audio Crunch Box?
Pigtronix Polysaturator?
Fulltone OCD?
Lovepedal Purple Plexi?
Lovepedal Amp 50?
MXR Distortion III?

The Amp 50 and Distortion III would be great if you're on a budget. The SCOD, Crunch Box, and BB preamp are JCM800-ish. Polysaturator has a full EQ, very versatile. The Purple Plexi is a personal favorite of mine, very nice. The Amp 50 is great, it has less gain than the Purple Plexi though. The MXR is very nice also, and it's the most budget-friendly, IIRC.

EDIT: You know, you might want to just want to get an amp that can do everything you want.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jul 3, 2009,