Page 1 of 2
Alright sorry comrades, I know I just made a thread, and I will be making another one at midnight but I was just watching Much Music countdown and guess what the number 1 video was?

this little wee 11 year old singing a rap song and the video was of him at a party with like a 100 other 11 year olds.

link

seriously this is the shit the music industry feeds kids. Real music is so hard to find and its no wonder hardly anyone actually buys music anymore.

EDIT:

srry if you cant see the link its called One Time by Justin Bieber

and I know everyone else knows music industry is **** but I didn't think they would ever do something like this.
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 3, 2009,
It's an industry. This makes money. I don't care either way.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Cant watch it
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

wow someone commented saying "dont care about his voice care about his loooooooooooooks"

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
Quote by goest
Perhaps the Music Industry is coming to a head?

That's gotta be a... Phallusy.

But seriously, I just think it's funny that his song had the musical and lyrical complexity of just about every akon song, if it didn't have even more that is.
Into the flood again...
LOL that video is hilarious
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
Quote by Tedward
Alright sorry comrades, I know I just made a thread, and I will be making another one at midnight but I was just watching Much Music countdown and guess what the number 1 video was?

this little wee 11 year old singing a rap song and the video was of him at a party with like a 100 other 11 year olds.

link

seriously this is the shit the music industry feeds kids. Real music is so hard to find and its no wonder hardly anyone actually buys music anymore.

EDIT:

and I know everyone else knows music industry is **** but I didn't think they would ever do something like this.

Need I remind ye of Kidz Bop?
Quote by guitarsftw
calm down, bro, if people enjoy it, let them

NO.
The Metal Militia will power on, crushing all who oppose with an Iron Fist! Do you dare opose us, guitarsftw?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Tedward

link

EDIT:

I will agree with you man. I do care, not about this music but that radio music isn't all too friendly to me anymore. They hardly play any good bands. Also, there is way too much pop and rap on Much Music. I wouldn't even watch anymore if they didn't have Leah hosting (so freaking hot). Also, Dallas Green is a lucky bastard.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
sooooo gay.....
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by goest
Need I remind ye of Kidz Bop?

lmfao ya i remember that

but this is different.

Quote by AlterEdge
I wouldn't even watch anymore if they didn't have Leah hosting (so freaking hot). Also, Dallas Green is a lucky bastard.

ya she is really hot. Dallas Green is hittin that? wow.
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by SG_dave
Not available in my country

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ditto.

Chances of me giving a sh!t about the video were slim anyway.
Quote by SG_dave
Not available in my country

You are lucky. What country do you live in so I can move there?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Without getting into the Industry (I'm a Music Industry major in college, it's really not as bad as you all seem to think it is...) I need to make a few points:

1. That isn't even a rap song, it's called hip-hop. Two totally different genres.
2. He isn't using auto-tune, can we just all sit for a minute and thank the gods of music that at least one part of this is progressive?
3. Why were you watching the much music countdown if you hate sugary crap meant to push units and not push limits? Either watch MTVU (which is only available on college campuses) or don't watch music television whatsoever.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Without getting into the Industry (I'm a Music Industry major in college, it's really not as bad as you all seem to think it is...) I need to make a few points:

1. That isn't even a rap song, it's called hip-hop. Two totally different genres.
2. He isn't using auto-tune, can we just all sit for a minute and thank the gods of music that at least one part of this is progressive?
3. Why were you watching the much music countdown if you hate sugary crap meant to push units and not push limits? Either watch MTVU (which is only available on college campuses) or don't watch music television whatsoever.

Help the ignorant, please:

I understand that rap and hip-hop are different things, but what specifically makes them different? What features qualify a song as either rap or hip-hop?

I always thought hip-hop was the genre of music and rap refers to the rhythmic vocal style, but it appears to be referenced as a genre of its own. Care to explain? This is an honest question.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
wow someone commented saying "dont care about his voice care about his loooooooooooooks"

Protip:

There are trolls on the internet.
Quote by Equivalence
OMG there actually are people who are too narrow-minded to realise that not everyone has the same taste in music as they have :O

not that I liked it...

<_<

>_>

For some reason that made me laugh

But I agree with you wholly there. You brang teh lulz
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Sid McCall

K well first of all the kid is obviously just a puppet of the money mongering assholes that are the (mainstream) music industry. He very likely had no say in anything to do with making the actual song.

And I usually don't mind watching rap and hip hop videos. In fact I listen to a moderate amount of underground hip-hop. What bothers me is that said Money-mongering asshats are taking a normal kid and engineering him to be the role model of millions of TV-watching children, and creating the "cool music" and spoonfeeding that **** to kids who don't know any better.

And don't act like you know everything just because you are in college. And please when you get your career going do what you can to save good old fashioned straight-from-the-heart music.
Quote by Tedward
Real music is so hard to find
No it's not. Seriously.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
No it's not. Seriously.

Sorry I meant like actual CDs in stores. No CD stores in my entire city have any kind of music I like to listen to.
Page 1 of 2