this thread is dedicated to the manliest men our society knows. the pantheon of manliness is reserved for men who make great contributions to manlienss, or exhibit manly behavoir for us to model ourselves after.

the way this will work is you will name a man who you think belogs in the Mantheon and state your reason why. they can be dead or alive.

ill start

we have the obligatory Chuck Norris of course

I would like to name the late great billy mays because he made zillions of dollars doing a manly job of selling crap that people dont need. it takes a good salesman to do that and billy mays was a great salesman, which is a typical male job, but he did it better than most people. also not to mention that he was an ESPN commentator and a big dude with an awesome beard.

now you guys add yours!
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Mj R.i.p
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Teddy Roosevelt

One of our greatest presidents, this bull moose couldn't be stopped on his rampage of kicking ass. When he wasn't going balls-out in wars or boxing the **** out of his opponents, he was a historian, naturalist, conversationalist, and all around jack of all trade, only he was a master of them all. One asshole attempted to end his reign of awesome by shooting him during a speech. Well, this genius didn't realize he was shooting Teddy ****ing Roosevelt, who cannot be killed by normal means. That, and he had a 50 page speech wadded up in his breast pocket that caught the bullet. All the while while he kept giving the speech. A bullet did not stop this man from talking. I can only assume after he finished saying what he wanted, Teddy proceeded to give this man the asskicking of the century. They don't call him the trust-buster for nothing.
Quote by ShaunDiel
I think I speak for everyone when I say ' wat.'

haha i think its pretty straightforward. you name a dude who you think belongs in the pantheon of manliness. the pantheon is an ancient roman building that was a temple built for all the gods. the pantheon of manliness is a similar idea but it is hypothetical and everyone it is an exceptionally manly man.

it made sense in my head

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Have you read the alphabet of manliness?
Also: these two
(Invalid img)

Last edited by D&DLover at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by thewho65
Teddy Roosevelt

One of our greatest presidents, this bull moose couldn't be stopped on his rampage of kicking ass. When he wasn't going balls-out in wars or boxing the **** out of his opponents, he was a historian, naturalist, conversationalist, and all around jack of all trade, only he was a master of them all. One asshole attempted to end his reign of awesome by shooting him during a speech. Well, this genius didn't realize he was shooting Teddy ****ing Roosevelt, who cannot be killed by normal means. That, and he had a 50 page speech wadded up in his breast pocket that caught the bullet. All the while while he kept giving the speech. A bullet did not stop this man from talking. I can only assume after he finished saying what he wanted, Teddy proceeded to give this man the asskicking of the century. They don't call him the trust-buster for nothing.

great induction sir! i couldnt aggree more that teddy belongs here!

i also would like to add abe lincoln

He kicked major ass in the civil war, kept this country from tearing itself apart permanantly, and did it all while maintaining an outstanding moral character. also his favorite sport was wrestling, and he was a very manly man in general

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Last edited by roknoob1590 at Jul 3, 2009,
All of you can GTFO, Callahan's back in town.

Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
^ i would like to ad a HELL YEA for clint!

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Obi Wan Kenobi.

He could communicate even when dead. He wielded a deadly weapon, he could use the force, and he had an awesome beard.

Manly man if you ask me.
Quote by 67_67
Jack Churchill.

I was going to be pissed if he didn't get a first page mention.
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...

When thieves were burgling his house as soon as they saw photo's in the master bedroom of him and realized who's house they were burgling they ran like the wind.

He's actually a bad ass in real life!.. Black belt in many arts and strong as an ox.
If Clint Eastwood gets into the Mantheon, then John Wayne deserves a statue in the middle of it.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Alexei Stakhanov.

A monster of a man!

Lee -mother****ing- Marvin!

Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

you're joking right?

+10 to Clint and Billy Mays
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
Les Stroud, either the stupidest or one of the manliest men alive.

Also Hugh Hefner deserves a mention. Million years old and gets with chicks the rest of us dream about.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jul 3, 2009,
Why does Nick Jonas have no eyes?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.