so yesterday i started feeling bad as hell, today, my aunt (she is a doctor) told me i have tonsillitis.

So i have a question, if they take out my tonsils, will my voice change somehow? it is not that it freaks me or something, but just to know.
1. We're not doctors

2. No, ive had it before. They do not remove your tonsils.
Sail upon the open skies
Your tonsils have nothing to do with vocal chords, so no, it won't.
RIP CHUCK 13/12
RIP DIME 08/12
RIP ALEXI 12/12/08

FEAR OF THE MARK, I love you!!

This isn't a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom, never forget that - Bill Hicks
Your voice will be unaffected as the surgery does not involve your larynx.

Furthermore, the swelling will likely go away. If the tonsilitis is repetitive then there is a greater chance that they will remove them. If not, you get to keep them.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
tonsillitis doesn't usually mean they'll take your tonsils out. Only if you have it a lot...they gave me a ****load of antibiotics because they thought it was something else and it got worse and worse...but in the end it went away...it just took a while. Oh and I doubt it will change your voice...you'll be sore though for a while.

edit: I can understand taking them out if you have it rather often as it's not very pleasent...I lost like 2 or 3 kilos last time cause I couldn't eat anything.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Last edited by HuckIt at Jul 3, 2009,
tonsillitis doesn't require you to remove your tonsils. It's just an infection, get a prescription to some antibiotics. I have it right now
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Unless you've had tonsillitis multiple times, they won't remove them. Secondly, it doesn't affect your voice. You're larynx (voice box) is what controls the sound/pitch of your voice. Unless they accidently plunge a scalpel into you're throat, you'll sound the same
Quote by actaderock
so yesterday i started feeling bad as hell, today, my aunt (she is a doctor) told me i have tonsillitis.

So i have a question, if they take out my tonsils, will my voice change somehow? it is not that it freaks me or something, but just to know.

after rereading... Why the fu(k don't you just ask your agony aunt?
Quote by sam b
They dont take tonsils out.

I'd say your aunt is a pretty crap doctor

think before acting you idiot, she just told me i have tonsillitis, but she didnt told me they would take them, i am just wondering, but she is just talking about antibiotics for the moment.
Quote by BrashPersona
after rereading... Why the fu(k don't you just ask your agony aunt?

Because she doesnt sing, people in the pit do sing
Quote by actaderock
think before acting you idiot, she just told me i have tonsillitis, but she didnt told me they would take them, i am just wondering, but she is just talking about antibiotics for the moment.

Yes sir
Quote by actaderock

Well done for achieving adapt english writing skills.

EDIT: Dam son of a b!tch edited it..

Last edited by BrashPersona at Jul 3, 2009,