Page 1 of 5
We've all seen the to write love on her arms shirts and such... I personally think its a ridiculous "charity" because I don't care about made up problems of upper-middle class girls who want attention. This perfectly captures my feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQwNfNYWZhk#

I wouldn't put this in the youtube thread cause its not really what that thread is meant for. But if A mod feels so, I'll gladly delete the thread or whatever I need to do.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I'm not really seeing any "funny". Is...there supposed to be some funny?

Is it like a cereal box? Do I need to dig for the funny?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Derpression? This is actually pretty funny, thanks

EDDIT: TWLOHA is a great organisation, but this is just a parody, a satire. 'Tis funny! Live, my friends
The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Kevy Absolution

but ya those girls are IRL tr0lls
this TROLL thing is getting very annoying... damn. In every thread these ignorant mofos just pull the TROLL card...STFU.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Untreated Derpression is suicide.

Derp

Quote by lethaldosage45
this TROLL thing is getting very annoying... damn. In every thread these ignorant mofos just pull the TROLL card...STFU.

Quiet, troll.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Kevy Absolution

Sail upon the open skies
I agree with this video.
The video is about the fact that the guys who make the To write love on her arms shirts are making millions off of suicide.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

So I just looked up what TWLOHA actually is and it's apparently based in Central Florida.

Odd....
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Meh, not funny. And it's not satire, it's a parody.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
lol suicide = DEATH!!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
TS, just shut up. Nobody wants to hear your whining.

Self harm is an actual, serious problem, and it is not one for you to joke about.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda

Self harm is an actual, serious problem, and it is not one for you to joke about.

It is a serious, actual problem, and like an above user said, the video shows how TWLOHA is an organisation that profits from said problem.
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
It is a serious, actual problem, and like an above user said, the video shows how TWLOHA is an organisation that profits from said problem.

...and puts the money back into trying to help and prevent the problem? That's not a profit.

For the record, I have never heard of the charity since I live in Scotland but seriously, if it's a charity then you can be pretty sure the members aren't 'profiting' from the donations etc. Cynicism gone too far.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by zippidyduda

Whining? ...whining? quote me PLEASE!! with my whining, I beg you. I shared my opinions of this organization and then the link to the video then mentioned the youtube thread to prevent people refering me to it.

In fact, your post was very close to whining... Could be considered whining for sure.

Self harm can be a serious problem, but it only exists to its extent because of how it has been glamorized. Everyone gets depressed, everyone looses someone close to them or goes through a hard time. I don't have sympathy for people how wallow in self-pity and much less for people who profit from other people's wallowing.

You are wrong.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Did anyone else attempt to say TWLOHA out loud?

I did, and then yelled it out, it sounds like some kind of Hawaiin battle cry.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

"It is estimated that 900,000,001 Americans suffer from derpression every hour."

I'm sorry, I can't watch the rest of the video

EDIT: I love the comment on the video, "900,000,000 Americans?!!!?!? ARE YOU RETARDED?! There are only roughly 300,000,000 Americans. dumbass."
Last edited by thewho65 at Jul 3, 2009,
I think it was a decent parody.

I love all the comments on the video saying how stupid the video creator is. Do they not realize it is a joke?
I am not understanding this and what is this?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Eddie4President

I didn't even watch the video, to be honest, I was mainly talking about TS's "upper-middle class girls who want attention" remark.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by valennic
Did anyone else attempt to say TWLOHA out loud?

I did, and then yelled it out, it sounds like some kind of Hawaiin battle cry.

Oh man I'm tempting to sig that
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I find this funny because TWLOHA is pretty much a trend now, but I'd still support the organization by buying a shirt because
1. They still look cool
2. This organization isn't trying to help people who are pretending to be depressed, they actually try helping people affected by suicide.
I've self harmed in the past when i was extremely depressed, i felt like i couldn't talk to anyone so i just cut myself to hope the problems would go away, this was as recent as 2 weeks ago. Then I spoke to my ex what the name of the charity was that she was involved in cos one of my friends who's birthday was comming up was a huge Paramore fan and went on about it so i thought i'd get her a T-Shirt.

I haven't actually visited the site yet, and no i'm not an attention seeker, i actually didn't wear anything that went above my wrists for a long time untill the scars would heal.

I think there are alot of people that do it out there for attention, yes. But calling everone that everyone who self harms an attention seeker is just ignorant.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You fucked up.
I can't believe you had the nerve to do that.

Get the hell off my forum!

Quote by Doppelgänger
Wait, did you use protection? Because that'd be funny if you got your cousin knocked up.
^true, I should clarify, I shouldn't have implied that everyone involved was this way. However, I do think a majority of it is just people being trendy. The people I know who "deal with depression and cutting" do it for attention and overreact about little problems.

My stance on those people is **** happens to everyone, not everyone draws attention to themselves for it so you don't have to either..

For the real people though, I have sympathy. They aren't even whats being bashed in the video though.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
Exactly. I know people who do it for attention and those who do it for real reasons. Those who do it for attention i try not to asociate myself with. Mainly because they've been attention seekers ever since i've knowen them, so i know there's not a real reason behind it, just stupid stuff like "my mum won't but me a new phone because i broke my old one"
Quote by Retro Rocker
You fucked up.
I can't believe you had the nerve to do that.

Get the hell off my forum!

Quote by Doppelgänger
Wait, did you use protection? Because that'd be funny if you got your cousin knocked up.
After 1 minute I was bored as FFF UU C K.

So I clicked the X button and then resumed Pink Floyd - Mother
Derpression is not real, neither is Depression.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
Derpression is not real, neither is Depression.

Psychologists and people with depression disagree.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

i personally cant stand to write love on her arms, mainly because i dont feel much sympathy for those that do cut, there are plenty of people out there with rough lives that actually make the best of a bad situation instead of feeling sad for themselves and trying to "escape the pain." i know depression is a serious problem, but somewhere the concept of dealing with your own problems got obscured.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Depression is a very real problem in this day and age, and one that requires proper treatment so that the sufferers don't end up killing themselves or hurting themselves intentionally.
But to glamourise it like these people have (I don't mean the parody, I watched the real video version of the "Organisation") and to make it into a big song-and-dance sort of thing isn't really the right way to go about it.
I've been depressed before and I've hit lows I couldn't have imagined or dreamed up if I had tried, but in my experience I would never ever have wanted a big show to be made out of my situation like these guys are.

Did I whinge about my depression? NO
Did I constantly go on about it to everyone? NO
Did I try and hide it? YES
Was I ashamed of it? YES
Would I EVER have wanted the public to make a huge scene and a trend out of my problem? NO

Depression doesn't require a trendy call to attention like this.
I can sympathise with those who created it and those who want to follow it, but for me this "organisation" is going about everything in all the wrong directions.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Kevy Absolution

sigged!
Page 1 of 5