When I try using Guitar Pro, not only are there the problems I'm having with RSE which are really pissing me off, but my computer will run slow as hell. I don't think this is related to Guitar Pro though. When I check the system processes, the two the are taking up most of it are MsMpEng (I'm assuming Eng is engine) and avgrsx, which at first I thought was my AVG anti-virus, but I found a different name that AVG goes under in the processes. So, what are these that are slowing it down all the time? They're labeled under SYSTEM processes.....
try to google those processes and see what you get
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by herby190
When I try using Guitar Pro, not only are there the problems I'm having with RSE which are really pissing me off, but my computer will run slow as hell. I don't think this is related to Guitar Pro though. When I check the system processes, the two the are taking up most of it are MsMpEng (I'm assuming Eng is engine) and avgrsx, which at first I thought was my AVG anti-virus, but I found a different name that AVG goes under in the processes. So, what are these that are slowing it down all the time? They're labeled under SYSTEM processes.....

dude...hey
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msmpeng/

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/avgrsx/

Get a new AV for a start, AVG is (since the last update at least) hugely resource hungry, get something like NOD32, Avast! or Avira Antivir.

And don't use the RSE, it's not worth it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Actually I have the exact same problems with Guitar Pro, and I believe it has to do with the way the RSE is set up. I generally start off alright, start getting errors messages, then it starts closing out other programs, until the whole thing closes.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msmpeng/

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/avgrsx/

Get a new AV for a start, AVG is (since the last update at least) hugely resource hungry, get something like NOD32, Avast! or Avira Antivir.

And don't use the RSE, it's not worth it.

Beat me to it Doug

I was going to say all of that....

No I wasn't...
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

^the guy who said use avast yeah...hes a pro...
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Can someone help me turn the RSE off and still get sound? I know theres the button for it, but with it off, no sound comes out. Any ideas?
Quote by Mitchinator1
Can someone help me turn the RSE off and still get sound? I know theres the button for it, but with it off, no sound comes out. Any ideas?

There's a problem with the midi on your computer then, I can't really help you solve it because I don't know much about it but hey, at least you know what's wrong
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Mitchinator1

Go into :
Options
Windows volume control

Make sure the SW Synth is up. Otherwise I don't know. RSE isn't worth it so I don't use it
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

It was the same with my old comp. Get more RAM or something.
Edit: RSE is totslly worth it. I hate GP without RSE.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Mitchinator1
Actually I have the exact same problems with Guitar Pro, and I believe it has to do with the way the RSE is set up. I generally start off alright, start getting errors messages, then it starts closing out other programs, until the whole thing closes.

You probably have the same crack that everyone else does, the one with the French error messages?

Proper GP won't crash the way the cracks do. It's actually a very good program, I've used an original once.

I've had crack GP's for years now so I know how to avoid problems, one is by not using iTunes and GP atst, if you';re trying to tab a song then use your iPod instead. Another is by not going onto multi-track view then selecting something which is red-squared (deselected from viewing), that pisses it off too.
The person in my debt is pissing me off at the mo.

He's getting a visit at the weekend. His head is going to be kicked in by my fist.