hey i saw that Gibson Tony Iommi pickup and heard really great things about it and that it had very high ouptput, also i heard about the 500T and the reviews said that one was great too for about 40-50$ less. and i saw the EVH Humbucker (not signed) for the same price as the tony Iommi. but i also saw the DiMarzio EVO (steve vai) and the single conductor PAF. if i got the dimarzios id get both of them cuz they are fairly cheap. i was wondering which ones to get, i would only get 1 tony iommi, 1 evh, 1 500T (and sumthin else like a dimarzio FRED) and both of the Dimarzios.
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Music styles? Guitar? Amp?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
oh yah sorry i forgot bout that, flying v (knockoff forget wat brand) Line 6 Spider 3, and i play most types of metal, no nu-metal or harddcore, blues , hard rock, rock, etc.
Don't steal.
New amp first, a new pick up will not improve your tone in the way you want it to, you need a new amp first.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

ok besides the amp, this forum isnt about my amp, im jst asking which one i should consider buying. i will hav enough money to afford both soon. i would like help with the pickups cuz i already hav an idea of wat amp i want.
Don't steal.
unless they're original PAFs, pat numbers, t-tops, or '80s Shaw PAF reissues, just go ahead and pass on all Gibson humbuckers.
well, ive heard those 500T's and the Tony Iommi's are good. what are those duncan customs like?
Don't steal.
the 500t is buzzy and gritty. Not a very clean pickup. And its kinda meh in power.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
hm, well i was just thinkin the 500T and 496R cuz i can get both of them for 120$. but watever if ther not good then ill go with sumthin else. keep the suggestions comin!
Don't steal.
I would suggest a new amp.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Well, what's your budget?

You know, pickups are only there to make good tones better, they won't make bad tones transform into amazing ones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
the bridge evo is a highoutput pup great for harmonics and squealing and i love it and crystal clear the other dimarzio`s are medium output including the neck evo and all have great clarity head over to www.dimarzio.com select your pup and theres some audio samples and wiring diagrams.
theres also a pup chooser where you specify the materials of your guitar and your style of music and it suggests a pup.
Amp, for sure.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.