so i broke the second tone knob on my strat.

i ordered a new one and some gold dome covers cuz i wanted to change covers.

I got em at stewmac. the pot shafts from there are 6mm, and the ones from fender are 1/4 ".

Since i would have to fender pots, and one stewmac, i ordered two 1/4" chrome dome knobs, and one 6mm one.

The 1/4' ones fit fine on the volume, and first tone pots. the 6mm, however does not fit the 6mm pot.

Its like its way to big. instead of slowly pusing onto the shafts, and just falls. like its WAY to big for the pot. it completely covers it down to the pody.

Like if you put the knob one, its touching the body, and doesn't do anything when you turn it. its liek a cup over the pot

any ideas whats wrong?
Can you link me to which knob and pot you bought?
Also, FYI: Stewmac is a ripoff for guitar parts. The only thing it's good at is building stuff. I'd advice looking at www.allparts.com next time, as they usually have a larger range of products, as well as better prices.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
Can you link me to which knob and pot you bought?
Also, FYI: Stewmac is a ripoff for guitar parts. The only thing it's good at is building stuff. I'd advice looking at www.allparts.com next time, as they usually have a larger range of products, as well as better prices.

Its all on one page on the site.

so to make sure we understand...

I have two fender pots, one stewmac pot, 2 1/4" inch knobs, and one 6mm knob
well if one of the knobs is too big, try adjusting the nut to reveal more of the shaft, add plumbers tape to the shaft, widen the shaft by splitting the ends, or buy a new knob.

careful splitting the ends not to snap it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011