I record low-quality stuff on my macbook pro just by plugging my guitar straight into the computer's line-in using a converter. But this started happening DAYS ago, I just never bothered with it, but I wanna start recording again. Well anyway, you know how when your recording anything, it has that meter that goes up the more noise you record? Well the line-in on my computer is screwed up because that meter is always maxing out. What's causing this "noise"?? Does that make sense? Here's a picture of the max out bar I mean...

Hopefully that makes sense, I don't really know the technicalities
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Make sure you have the input set to the mic input for your computer (if that's how you're directly plugging it in).

Also, play it back and try to see where the sound input is from, and what kind of "noise" is it (is it static, whirring, etc...)
It looks like you have too much gain on your input level in the program you're using which is creating background noise and/or causing it to clip.

First guess, may be wrong though.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I mean it's not really that it's "noise" persay. But it doesnt record any sound and when I play it back, the meter max's out (even though there's no sound recorded).
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Static?
Equipment:
Fender Squire Strat Californian Series Guitar
Fender G-DEC Amp
Ashton D25NT Steel String Acoustic Guitar