What's the best serie? "RG series" or "S series" ?

best guitars from these series?
Dude. Use the freakin' search bar.
There is an Ibanez thread.
Quote by Dopemgs
depends on your taste.
RG350DX is awesome for metal+.

No. No it is not. Do NOT buy an Ibanez with the Edge III trem system.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Ibanez do so many types of guitars. There is no "best" series unless you specify a type.

+1 searchbar.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I tried one RG and put it away after 2 minutes...sucks for me.
I hate metal tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
RG Prestige will outdo pretty much any S series. Not overly familiar with the models though; I'm not a huge Ibanez fan.
I like S better, but RG's are usually better for metal
both are great in my opinion, unless it has an Edge III, then it's not worth the money no matter what it is
RG Prestige beats out an S series.

S series have quite a few problems, and to my knowledge, the prestige series isn't much better.

Get an RG Prestige with a premium package from Rick at ibanezrules. You won't regret it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
The S is better for modern metal. The RG is better for 80s metal. The RGA is great for modern metal. I haven't played an FR yet but it's going to be my next guitar. They all come with the exact same neck so they play the same (minus the RG3000s). All it comes down to is what wood you want and what kind of trem you want. All of them are great and most of them don't come with good pickups. I'm only talking about Prestiges btw.
If the budget is a Prestige then I'd go RG, otherwise I'd go S series
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Jesus christ people quit saying a guitar is meant for so and so genre. The RG, and any other guitar can play any genre, as long as you have to the ability to. I can play jazz, blues and classic rock just fine on my rg. In addition i can shred, metal, and metalcore just as easily on a gibson les paul. Hell earlier i was playing some metal and shred on a telecaster. Seriously can we stop with the genre branding for guitars

Both are fine, as long as the rg is made in japan. Be it an old5xx and up model or a new 15xx and up model. The S is quite good. The zr trem is nice, however its not as stable as the edge/edge pro/edge zero
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Avedas
RG Prestige will outdo pretty much any S series. Not overly familiar with the models though; I'm not a huge Ibanez fan.

You've never played an S5470 have you...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
RG's! i love them. i had an SA series back when (pretty close to the S) and both the S and the SA look weird to me... like a strat body got run over or something.