so im soon to be buying myself a nice SD Hotrail for my Tele neck

my question is... will i need to get 500k pots? or will the 250s be alright?

also... will this fit straight into the slot in the pickgaurd? or are hot rails bigger than the slot for the lipstick???

cheers guys
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
250k pots are generally used in guitars with single-coil pickups. This is because 250k pots have a warmer sound. 500k's are brighter and are generally used with humbuckers. This is not a rule, just preferential. If you liked how your guitar sounded before, then yes, your old pots will work fine.
ahhh fair enough...

hmmm, thats thrown this all into abit of a kerfuffle really haha
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
with a hotrail in the neck i'd stick with the 250k pots to ease the treble a bit.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
sounds like were gonna be sticking with the 250s then

well,,, nt really sticking with... as im gonna be upgrading them from stocks, but yeh
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
so im soon to be buying myself a nice SD Hotrail for my Tele neck

my question is... will i need to get 500k pots? or will the 250s be alright?
You could use 250k, but 500k would probably be better if you wire the hotrails in series. But those tend to be a bit unpleasant sounding in series. Maybe wiring the coils in parallel and using the stock 250k pot would be a good situation.

Quote by MickAlmighty
also... will this fit straight into the slot in the pickgaurd? or are hot rails bigger than the slot for the lipstick???

cheers guys
Stock Tele neck pickup is not a lipstick. That's what a Danelectro pickup is called.

And no, a HotRails pickup will absolutely NOT fit in a Tele neck position without modification. Even the STHR-1n that was designed for a Tele neck is more "square" at the ends. You'll need to do a bit of filing on the scratchplate to make it fit.

And don't even think of using the standard HotRails for Strat in the Tele neck position. It's considerably larger.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
And no, a HotRails pickup will absolutely NOT fit in a Tele neck position without modification. Even the STHR-1n that was designed for a Tele neck is more "square" at the ends. You'll need to do a bit of filing on the scratchplate to make it fit.

And don't even think of using the standard HotRails for Strat in the Tele neck position. It's considerably larger.

jesus christ... calm down

why the hell would i want to put a STRAT hr into my TELE???
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...