Hi UG,
I am torn between two amps the ENGL Fireball, 60 watts, and the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, 100 watts. I play Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, and some more alternative bands like Jimmy Eat World and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Which one do you guys think is better for my musical tastes? Thankssss
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Have you tried both of them? I know it seems trivial, but you really have to test out your options to find the one you like. I have played the Fireball, however, and it was definitely a nice amp.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
The dual rect is pretty versatile and could handle your lighter side, i've never played a fireball so i cant speak for them.
Quote by Xhale1
dude...mesa no questions asked...go get it

A lot of people will say this, but I still say try them. Mesa's are nice, but sometimes they aren't what you are looking for.

I P R O G

Lamb of God uses Mesa's Mark series.

Personally, the Fireball is a super badass amp, and I love it. It just has a different tone. Test 'em both out, but I think the Dual Rec is more like the tone you're after.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
A lot of people will say this, but I still say try them. Mesa's are nice, but sometimes they aren't what you are looking for.

lol thats true but im a fan of mesa's...its up to what the ears like...everyone's different
Quote by Xhale1
lol thats true but im a fan of mesa's...its up to what the ears like...everyone's different

I'm a mesa fan too, but I always encourage everyone to try out their gear before they buy it.

I P R O G

Im not 100% sure but isn't the Mesa a lot looser distortion, while the ENGL is a lot tighter? I could be wrong..
i used to have a fireball, and for the life of me i could not dial in a tone that i could live with, which is sad considering how "user friendly" it was supposed to be. If you go with the fireball get the new 100 watt one, it has a midboost which will hopefully add clarity, which was lacking.

Also whats your budget?
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
i don't know about either amp but i sure would prefer a 50 watt head over a 100 watt head.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I'm a mesa fan too, but I always encourage everyone to try out their gear before they buy it.

thats good though.i respect you for that.
The Dual rec is more versatile than the fireball, but the FB is WAYYY tighter in the low end for the AILD and LoG stuff.....

However, the dual rec will be amazing for the alternative stuff too.....
I would check out the single rectifier. They're a lot cheaper and supposedly they have a slightly tighter overdrive then the dual.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by Xhale1
dude...mesa no questions asked...go get it

Why do you say that?

IMO, the tone from the Fireball will suit his metal needs better... but I'm not sure how it'd fair on Jimmy Eat World, where I'm sure the Mesa would be better.

Quote by Steeze
i don't know about either amp but i sure would prefer a 50 watt head over a 100 watt head.

The difference in volume between 50W and 100W isn't very noticable. The headroom is higher on the 100W amp. People who play metal use high wattage amps for the larger transformers (bigger sound) and the headroom, as tons of power tube saturation is not really a desired tone in metal.

IMO, I'd find an older channel 2 channel Dual Recto and call it a day. Much better sounding than the current 3 Channel Rectos, and versatile enough to cover all those bands.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com