As the title says im somewhat bored with metal, i still like to play it but i honestly want to expand my horizons so with that being said, all you blues rock and jazz players suggest me some stuff that i can study along with some easy to moderate songs to learn.

EDIT: Even some country stuff would do too
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
country flatpicking will do wonders for your picking technique, I dont know much, but the country guys I know destroy me in alternate picking.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
roadhouse blues by the doors
i love that song
well it has some good riffs in it although its a bit repetitive but the ending sounds awesome
Simple...Change it up, and learn something that is melodicly decipherable. Classic rock and blues are great for this. Start with a focus of more basic songs as to get the feel for the basic mechanics of rock like the beatles, songs ssuch as Get back, and Come together.
or even Blackbird if you're interested in finger picking. Or you can work with someone like Ac/Dc who only use a couple of chords per song, they are both real simple and are easily recognised.
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Andybren8690
Simple...Change it up, and learn something that is melodicly decipherable. Classic rock and blues are great for this. Start with a focus of more basic songs as to get the feel for the basic mechanics of rock like the beatles, songs ssuch as Get back, and Come together.
or even Blackbird if you're interested in finger picking. Or you can work with someone like Ac/Dc who only use a couple of chords per song, they are both real simple and are easily recognised.

that makes sense, im just bored with playing super fast thrashy metal stuff and dark death metal fast tremolo picking..... I wanna try some good ol melody in music lol. And as for flatpicking im gonna have to look that up cause i have NO clue what that exactly is. Im not into the beatles but ill take a look at what they got.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
You can try to learn stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8l5wt_XTBY

Ive been working on this style today and its pretty awesome... even though I suck
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by glam rocker
roadhouse blues by the doors
i love that song
well it has some good riffs in it although its a bit repetitive but the ending sounds awesome

atleast its not as repetative as Roadrunner by bo diddley
i recently picked up a book called 'Improvising Jazz Guitar' by Joe Bell. it's a pretty good book if you want to expand your horizons as it teaches you the basics and builds on them but i would probably pick up a book on chords and scales to have a greater music knowledge as well.
Buy a Strat and learn the blues. Be the next SRV.

You'll have tons of fun.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Haha! Don't buy a Strat and still learn the Blues. Same fun but you're richer.
From Blues go to Cream. From Cream go to The Who. YES will keep you busy for a while and stretch your playing. Any Jethro Tull with Martin Barre is great fun too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Learn genres of metal you're unfamiliar with. Practice using 'metal' techniques to create stuff that sounds completely un-metal.

Or, learn some Sonic Youth.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
If you still want to shred a bit look at some Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan, Brett Garsed or some fusion players. Maybe some Eric Johnson as well to balance between rhythmic chord progressions and fun solo runs.
Listen to classical music of different eras. Baroque is one of my favourites, it's technical, enjoyable to listen to because it isn't tedious, and I got great ideas for application to my own music by listening to that genre of music (Well, classical in general!).

I suggest Mozart, Beethoven, Holst, Vivaldi, Bach...they're all good starters and not too hard to listen to if you feel you'll need 'breaking in' to listening to that kinda music.

Also, I agree with the people saying prog rock. Draws influences from a lot of places, and therefore leads onto you listening to where they drew influences from, and since I became a prog-head, I feel things lead into each other more simply.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Vlasco
Learn lots of prog rock

This, too. Some Floyd, Yes and Rush is fun to play.
Also, for a real challenge, in the country genre, check out Danny Gatton and Albert Lee. They may very well blow your mind.
then you aren't worthy.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
then you aren't worthy.

as if i care what a dumb ass like you says.

To the rest thanks for the suggestion that will broaden my knowledge.
You should try some blues rock (Hendrix, Allman Brothers, SRV, Zeppelin) or some progressive rock (Rush, Floyd, Yes, Dream Theater)

If you want to get into finger picking, some softer players like Paul Simon or John Mayer might interest you
ska is the antidote to my metal.
keeps me in ok balance
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.