my band just added a new rhythm guitarist any suggestions for playing our existing songs and playing new stuff w/o him being left out.

P.S I play lead guitar n lead vocals in a trash metal band 80's style
have him play what you play. and then under solos and what not just have him follow the bass or come up with a chord progression in the same key.
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Dont mean to be an ass, but why add him if you don't even know how he can be used? Now you have to divide earnings between more people :P
You'll probably have to teach him all your originals riff by riff until he knows them off by heart and such. And then from there you could change things around and experiment if you want.
metallica does it perfect u hear the bass u hear hetfield n hammet is amazing i guess thats how u become the greatist metal band ever
in my opinion
u could just learn song that require 2 guitars and for the 1 guitar songs give him a tamberine or something lol
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
i love the way 2 guitars sound playing melodies n stuff the occasional dual solo but for the heavy stuff ehh
WTF?

don't sextuple post. use the edit button.

///

and why would you add someone to the band when you have no idea what he/she will do? you gotta think before you act...
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Last edited by allislost at Jul 3, 2009,
lmao raiderfootball dont be dissing my gear its gotten me this far and im damm proud of it!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Another guitarist? Are you slow or something? Now you can accomplish dual-soloing.