Written music in their sleep?
Last night I was dreaming that I was at a party with a few friends. One of my friends handed me a guitar and something just clicked in my mind when my fingers touched the strings. I began to play the beginning to a completely original song. I played for about 20 seconds, then woke up when a mate called me.

I was just curious, have any of you experienced this before?
i often find that when good things come out of my sleep, its usually lyrics or ideas for dumb but fun things to do with my friends. But if you're dreaming and you think its amazing, you usually find that it sucked or made no sense when you wake up and remember it.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
i played something in my dream and everyone was like ''wow that was the best thing i ever heard!''

but then i woke up and couldnt remember what i played

You probably just dreamed that you wrote a song. I mean, did you actually remember it when you woke up?
I write things down when I'm half asleep. Then I wake up, and I'm like "Come on, me at 1:30 a.m., what are you trying to tell me..."
That happened to me a few nights ago.

I used it live, and people enjoyed it. Although it wasn't a song, just a solo.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
No, but I have spontaneous song ideas that come into my head almost fully formed at the least convenient times. I'll be in the middle of a shift at work and have it happen and then completely lose it by the time I get home. It's frustrating sometimes.
I'd really like this to happen to me more often, my subconscious could bring forth a lot of inspiration
All the time.

Then my ****ing brain forgets it

Stupid brain...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Sometimes a sentence pattern is repeated over and over in my brain, and I make gradual changes to it like substitute words for each other and make changes in the syntax.

I usually remember it the next day, but it's nothing worth writing.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
yea, its happened to me. Just later it makes no sense when I wake up. One time it was Kurt Cobain singing about vases. I was like, "cool I'm gonna use this ****". When I wake up I'm like, "wtf was kurt cobain singing about vases?"
i wrote one in my sleep and then at the end of the dream a voice told me to wake u and eventually finish writing it. I did and i tried writing it...but it was so sad and dark i had to postpone.
I've taken ot my retainer, wrapped it in a tisse, set on top of my alarm clock, sht my alarm clock, and walked across the room and turned off my stereo all in my sleep one night.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
yes, i saw myself looking into a sunrise over a town as i was standing on a mountain. in the background there was this ambient guitar playing with all these harmonics...i had that dream every night for a week straight until i learned that music on my guitar...problem is i dont' remember it anymore