Ok so i went out looking for a nylon guitar today after my hospital trip and i found a Yamaha CG131S. I played it and i liked how it felt. I was a good looking guitar with a straight neck and no body damage...only thing is its about 280.00 new (American). Now i am a poor college kid so i cannot afford much but is Yamaha worth this much of is it one of those name brand guitars that will fall apart in 2 years?
Aum Mani Padme Hum-Avalokiteshvara
(Om jewel in the lotus Hum)
Last edited by GsKoRn at Jul 4, 2009,
I would recommend you find a Squier, even though I'm not a huge fan they are decent beginner guitars.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
ive had my yamaha acoustic for 15 years (well not me personally but it is 15 years old) and it sounds and looks pretty damn good. although on the flip side, i have definately seen some crappy new yamahas.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
o sorry i did not specify. stupid mistake of me. Its a nylon and i have been playing for about 5 years...and i hate fenders. I have just never played Yamaha's so i do not know anything about them.
Last edited by GsKoRn at Jul 3, 2009,
Crap acoustics, ignore my completely then, I have no clue what I'm talking about with those :P

EDIT: Oh man I just realized this was Acoustic And Classical I gotta check the forum when I click from the homepage next time :P
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Last edited by RDX1138 at Jul 3, 2009,
yamaha generally have very solid guitars.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
mmm, i have have a very old yamaha nylon string, still sounds great.
Yamaha have pretty nice guitars. I have a FG720SL, which was my first guitar and it's great. I think it was like $400, but I would definitely recommend it.
I have a Yamaha FG700S, 200 dollar guitar, and I absolutely love it. It was much improved with bone nut, saddle, and pins. I love my tone, its a good quality instrument.

I would say though you might as well spend the extra hundred and get the FG730S since it has rosewood back and sides instead of nato.
But i am looking for a nylon guitar
Yamaha is typically thought to be among the very best of manufacturers for entry level guitars.
the 700 series rocks but you can't call the L series entry level - and they're very highly regarded, too.

Quote by jimtaka
Yamaha is typically thought to be among the very best of manufacturers for entry level guitars.