I started working on this over a year ago, and got back on it yesterday. Well I decided to deleted all the tracks done last year and started over. The music is pretty much done, unless you think it needs help. The bass may need backed off a the low end a little. Let me know what you think about the bass. Go ahead and crack on my vocals !!!!! That Dexter can get up there in range and I thaught I was gonna explode !!!!! I need a damn auto tune thingymajig. So, the vocals are roughed in and will be tweaked once I get a thingymajig. As usual Im playing all instruments and tryin to sing. Here is the link. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7787000&q=hi
O_O

This is very good.

The vocals go out of tune in places, but that's expected
The music is great and I love the guitar & bass tone.. Sounds probably as close to the album tone as you're gonna get

I'm impressed

9.5/10
This is awesome dude...if it weren't for the vocals, it could pass as the actual song to someone who'd only heard it a few times. Trying to sing like Dexter is a no-win situation, but its a decent effort on your part...of course, he doesn't always do an awesome job of it live either. Its one of my favorite Offspring songs that I've given up on doing a cover of b/c of the vocals. Great job!
Quote by BabyAppeal78
This is awesome dude...if it weren't for the vocals, it could pass as the actual song to someone who'd only heard it a few times. Trying to sing like Dexter is a no-win situation, but its a decent effort on your part...of course, he doesn't always do an awesome job of it live either. Its one of my favorite Offspring songs that I've given up on doing a cover of b/c of the vocals. Great job!

Thanks for the listen. It is hard to sing like Dexter. I have several others Offspring tunes, I have been working on and the vocals are the only thing left to do. Those I will probably do alot of editing to get passable. I should give up the singing, but I play everything myself (home hobby) and its not the same without vocals. So I just do it. With more practice, maybe I'll get better. Thanks again for the listen and comments
Quote by sam b
O_O

This is very good.

The vocals go out of tune in places, but that's expected
The music is great and I love the guitar & bass tone.. Sounds probably as close to the album tone as you're gonna get

I'm impressed

9.5/10

Thanks for the reply. Vocals always kill me.
Awesome! The vocals were great even if they did go out of tune at places, but of course, with practice that will just go away. That's what I need to do, but the thing is I don't sing very often, only when I'm recording something or when I'm alone. I'm really self conscious about it, haha.

Anyway, the rest of the song was great, too. Are you using a real drum set for the drums? Sounded really nice.

I did a cover of Say It Ain't So here if you want to check it out.: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160373
Quote by peacemaker898
Awesome! The vocals were great even if they did go out of tune at places, but of course, with practice that will just go away. That's what I need to do, but the thing is I don't sing very often, only when I'm recording something or when I'm alone. I'm really self conscious about it, haha.

Anyway, the rest of the song was great, too. Are you using a real drum set for the drums? Sounded really nice.

I did a cover of Say It Ain't So here if you want to check it out.: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160373

I only sing when I record my own stuff too. The drum are a set of Sonar Force 3007 (real drums) with 7 mics, no 8 mics. I forgot I put one on the hi-hat this time around. I usually just pick i up with the 2 overheads, but decided to try a seperate track for them this time. Worked rather well. But on the vocals, the feeling self conscious thing really gets me too. I just need more practice and also to just let then rip !!!! Thanks for the listen