It's easy to pass The Byrds off as beaky things, scrambling after Bob Dylan's crumbs, but that's not really the case; they're pretty f*cking great. They're very versatile, but they have those two signature sounds throughout; the jangly guitar, and the excellent harmonies. They're one of the best bands of the period I'd say, and I'm a particular fan of 5th Dimension, the Notorious Byrd Brothers and Younger than Yesterday. All those sixties albums were pretty great too. I haven't heard the country one though, does anyone know if it's any good?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Sweetheart of the Rodeo? It's excellent. Gram Parsons was an amazing artist, and that album (as well as The Flying Burrito Brother's Gilded Palace of Sin album) demonstrates that fact.

I am a huge fan of The Byrds, and really dig Sweetheart of the Rodeo, but to be honest, of their country albums, I enjoy Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde (which Parsons was not on) more than Sweetheart of the Rodeo. Both are excellent, though.
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Jul 4, 2009,
I only have their debut, 'Mr. Tambourine Man', but its wonderful. McGuinn rocked that Rickenbacker 12 string better than anyone else
I bet you thought long and hard about that metaphor at the beginning of your post.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
lol^^

but yes, byrds are great, I don't know too many songs by them besides their bigger ones, I love I was so much older then, even though, another dylan cover, I think they did a lot of good influencing a lot of folk rock bands, you can even hear their influence in a lot of coutnry/southern rock bands, just look at poco or flying burrito brothers
Quote by Derigiberble
I bet you thought long and hard about that metaphor at the beginning of your post.

and i bet you listen to led zeppelin naked while doing autofellatio