So I was wondering that if you do a custom guitar or body (or you just change pickups), and the body has a floyd rose tremolo , do you have to put trembuckers on it to sound good? or a normal humbucker like DiMarzio X2N would it fit and work normally? or different?
EDIT: I put it into Electric Guitar 'cuz I meant to ask for the general sound of the guitar (in this case would be mahogany with flamed maple top)
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Just get an F spaced pickup. Either type will work, its just that an F spaced will fit better and not look at messy. DiMarzio released (every?) pickups in normal and F spaced to fit both types of bridges. I think SD pickups are one size fits all or something like that, and some have their own spacing (Like the dimbucker)

(Im tired so if I got anything wrong dont kill me T_T)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Jul 3, 2009,
I don't pickups with rails like the Dimarzio X2N will make a difference, as the whole rail is the magnet. If it were an Evo persay, then the pole pieces wouldn't line up if it weren't F-spaced.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
F-Spaced=Trembucker.
The X2n has no distinct polepieces for each string, so it doesn't matter.
If it were something like a Duncan JB then yes, you'd need the Trembucker version (denoted in SD nomenclature as TB, so the JB would be the TB-4).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.