Good deal or not? My guitar shop sells it for $275, I'm looking at one for $180.

Might try to bump it down a little more.
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Quote by ttreat31
Who's selling it for $180?

A personal ad.
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
Well then I'm going to say the same thing im pretty sure many people would say, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. That is all :P
Quote by siverstorm
Well then I'm going to say the same thing im pretty sure many people would say, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. That is all :P

This x 10000
Quote by siverstorm

Of course I'm going to try before, I buy it.

But it that an okay price? Or am I getting ripped off?
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
it's a decent price provided the guitar is in decent condition. but don't expect the guitar to last you for a long time maybe a year max before you grow out of it
Quote by nightraven
it's not a very good guitar

Please stick to the thread, I'm using this as a beginner guitar.
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
As a begginner guitar yes it's very good, and for that price. If you play it and you don't see any problems with it then go for it.

I'd reccomend you check the neck, does it hurt your hand when you play? I got a G-400 and my hand hurts when i play cuz the neck is to fat, check the pickups out, You know just make sure, personal ads can be iffy.
Quote by siverstorm
As a begginner guitar yes it's very good, and for that price. If you play it and you don't see any problems with it then go for it.

I'd reccomend you check the neck, does it hurt your hand when you play? I got a G-400 and my hand hurts when i play cuz the neck is to fat, check the pickups out, You know just make sure, personal ads can be iffy.

I've played an SG-310 before, it's extremely comfortable. But the body is a little thin.
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
Yep just what everyone else says. If you really like it, buy it. You could save up for something you might like better though, like a G-400. I have heard good things about those.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
The G-400 is an awesome guitar, but I find the neck to be a little fat as i stated in my previous post.

If you said the guitar is comfortable and you like it, then go for it. Its a beginner guitar, so it's a GREAT start.

Quote by LemonBurst
I've played an SG-310 before, it's extremely comfortable. But the body is a little thin.

Actually sorry, its fine that you've played a different guitar that is the same model, but make sure that the specific guitar that is being sold is good quality, trust me $180 seems "too good to be true" sorta...

Like i've said make sure you play the exact guitar this person is selling. If this guy is selling the guitar for half the price then make sure its okay lol.
Last edited by siverstorm at Jul 4, 2009,
The G-310 is a great beginner guitar (the G-400 is better though.) For that price, there is no reason not to buy it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Ghold125
Bad, go on musicgoround and get a g-400 for $200

THIS.

Seriously, I don't recommend the G-310 for a reason.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Ghold125

****ity ****ers i hope they ship overseas.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
****ity ****ers i hope they ship overseas.

idk, as long as you paid shipping and everything, I don't think they would mind.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
shame your in america....you could of had mine for £80.

I'm in Canada.....EH!
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
YES CANADA!

Are you willing to spend a bit more for a better model? Apparently you can find the G-400 for $20 more, but if you aren't lucky enough to find that, and this is still being offered I still say take it.
sorry didn`t look @ ur profile, you posted $`s not $CAN.

theres nowt wrong with the epi 310 as a stock guitar you get what you pay for though.
Quote by siverstorm
YES CANADA!

Are you willing to spend a bit more for a better model? Apparently you can find the G-400 for $20 more, but if you aren't lucky enough to find that, and this is still being offered I still say take it.

Where can you find a g-400 for 200bucks?
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
in the uk the g400 is £199 and even with the exchange rate i bet you could find one for $200, for some reason the exchange rate doesn`t make that much difference to the numbers only what`s in front of the numbers

i can get a big bad wah in the uk for £149 or 1 across the pond for $149 it`s weird the way manufacturers price stuff. it`s like they think of a number and that will do. then just change the denomination.
Quote by Ghold125

www.musicgoround.com

But i think it's an american only site or something.....

Describe beginner though.
Is this you very first guitar ever? Then i would suggest if the guitar plays fine go for it.

Or have you been playing for say...a year? If you already have some decent experience I'd suggest you just get a new guitar because if you get this one you'll most likely prolly just want a new one as you get better.
Quote by siverstorm
www.musicgoround.com

But i think it's an american only site or something.....

Describe beginner though.
Is this you very first guitar ever? Then i would suggest if the guitar plays fine go for it.

Or have you been playing for say...a year? If you already have some decent experience I'd suggest you just get a new guitar because if you get this one you'll most likely prolly just want a new one as you get better.

1st electric guitar ever, after 2months of playing acoustic.

I'm not 100% if I'm going for an SG though
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
Well my friend played acoustic for a year and got really really good

The first electric he got was a birthday/christmas present from his father, PRS Paul Allender ($960 after tax)

If you think you seriously wanna dedicate to playing guitar then i suggest you save up $400 and get a G-400 instead I own one, sounds great, my only complaint is the fat ass neck other than that the guitar is perfect.

If you're not sure whether you wanna get serious with guitar playing then buy the G-310

Thats the best advice i can offer.

EDIT: and no you don't HAVE to buy an SG at all, I'm just going with the original topic :P I can guarantee if you look really really really really really really hard you can find guitars for 300-500 with immaculate quality.
Last edited by siverstorm at Jul 5, 2009,
id sell you mine for 150$ u pay shipping :p. the wires inside are nearly fried and need to be soldered and theres no strigns... actuall... ill pay you to ake it :p
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

I have a G400. Great beginner guitar and if you change the humbuckers and wiring, its a great step up guitar. I say go for the G400.
You won't need to do any mods to the G-400, It's an amazing guitar and it's actually very versatile as in it can handle everything from cleans to heavy distortion.

If you get wayyy better and get a second guitar, then yea do whatever you want to your first one.

Basically it probably is a better idea to save for the G400 instead of the G-310, but its your call.

If it'll take too long to save up the extra money for the G-400 then go for the 310. Since I assume you'll also need an amp.
Quote by siverstorm
You won't need to do any mods to the G-400, It's an amazing guitar and it's actually very versatile as in it can handle everything from cleans to heavy distortion.

If you get wayyy better and get a second guitar, then yea do whatever you want to your first one.

Basically it probably is a better idea to save for the G400 instead of the G-310, but its your call.

If it'll take too long to save up the extra money for the G-400 then go for the 310. Since I assume you'll also need an amp.

It'll take too long to save up for a g-400. I'm a teen with no summer job so.......
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington