My band has come up with a song (written by our singer) and we have a riff that I was originally going to have a Organ solo over... (I play both Piano and Guitar) But we had the problem that no matter what key I tried to solo in it wouldn't work... So we ended up just having Dual Guitar solo over it... just running wild no real key lol. I'm actually and not sure if it will work but this is the soloing tab with the notes:

e|-x-x------------7----x-x------------7---x-x----------5--x-x--------------5------l ll
B|-x-x-----------(7)---x-x-----------(7)--x-x---------(5)-x-x-------------(5)--o-l ll
G|-x-x--6-6/7---7----x-x--6--6/7--7---x-x-4--4/5--5--x-x--4--4/5----5-----l ll
D|-x-x--6-6/7---7----x-x--6--6/7--7---x-x-4--4/5--5--x-x--4--4/5----5--o-l ll
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l ll
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l ll

The notes before the slide are kinda held and then it's the slide which is also held then the full chord going on there is kinda stacato while you do the mutes/harmonics (its basically just scrapping the strings)

But anyway that's the soloing riff... I thought it was in the key of D major but it just wasn't working (on top of that I don't have much experience improving and soloing on a piano I mostly just read the music and play it.)

Here is the song on a really bad recording quality.. It was one take lmao and improve on all solos... I'm the clean guitar:

http://www.myspace.com/thewhitesable
Last edited by RockThisCity at Jul 4, 2009,
well its looks like you have

A minor 7th with a B as the bass note
so at B/Am 7th

and a G minor 7th with a A as the bass note
so A/Gm 7th

i would say F major
or D minor.

but i would do a A Phygian kind of solo, since you have the A going.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
well its looks like you have

A minor 7th with a B as the bass note
so at B/Am 7th

and a G minor 7th with a A as the bass note
so A/Gm 7th

i would say F major
or D minor.

but i would do a A Phygian kind of solo, since you have the A going.

Thanks I will try it but the Bass is resolving the 2 notes on the D and G strings playing the root note of the power chord on his A string along with our riff, if that changes anything... sorry forgot to say it.