I recently went to allan's music in melbourne to purchase a BOSS GT10 (I ended up getting it for $879 instead of $1100.)

Anyway I decided to try it out on a ibanez i found there, when I attempted to shred, all you could hear was clunk clunk and "wtf is this?" So anyway I grab a white Gibson Les Paul Custom (my dad was very close to buying it for me for $5000 ) and I played it beautifully and it felt great.

So I've been wanting a seven string guitar for a long time now, I was thinking about a dean razorback seven string but then the guy at allan's told us he played one and the neck felt like **** and other stuff and liked Les Pauls too I think.

So whats a seven string guitar out there that has the closest feel and shape to a Les Paul? And the closest tone?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
nah the ibanez S7320 has a trem n so do other 7s but the neck is nothing like a LP, not that its bad i actually prefer it, but i think i saw an epiphone 7 string LP a while ago if you cant find it try schecter
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Try Schecter, yeah.

Or, get Perry Ormsby to build you a custom 7 string LP Copy the radius and contour of an LP but with a 25" PRS style scale length for some extra tension, and some badass pickups (like Rock Monkeys), angled headstock, and a killer bridge to keep everything clear sounding.

Snless you wanna really play some metal, in which case, bump up that scale to 26.5 inches like the Schecter ones.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Are you totally set on a 7 string? If not, get that LP Custom before your dad changes his mind.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Not sure, but on the topic of 7 string + Les Paul / Gibson , isn't Matt Heafy getting a 7 string Les Paul or something?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
Not sure, but on the topic of 7 string + Les Paul / Gibson , isn't Matt Heafy getting a 7 string Les Paul or something?

If that's the case, there'll be a signature model of it.

Unfortunately.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Are you totally set on a 7 string? If not, get that LP Custom before your dad changes his mind.

my thoughts exactly
ESP did make a 7 string Eclipse though that may have been a custom order. anyway the closest you'll ever get to a true 7 string LP is a custom made 7 string LP.
Quote by Quaned

He already got it, an it's a 7 string explorer.

On topic, Schecter or LTD would be good.
Quote by Pac_man0123
He already got it, an it's a 7 string explorer.

On topic, Schecter or LTD would be good.

Wow , i want one :/ Its 24 frets right..? Hope it becomes a sig model ill get it

Yeah , on topic , Schecter or LTD would be good, LTD only make 7 superstrats and vipers.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Les Pauls feel great in my hands, but I wouldn't want a 7 string with a neck like that. Schecter 7 string necks feel too beefy for me, my RG7620 has a flatter neck to compensate for the wider fretboard, and it feels much better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Quaned
Wow , i want one :/ Its 24 frets right..? Hope it becomes a sig model ill get it

Yeah , on topic , Schecter or LTD would be good, LTD only make 7 superstrats and vipers.

He said he wants the feel of a les paul, not the look of one.
You could get a 7 string epiphone LP if you find one used. They don't make them anymore (? Could be wrong, but I think I'm right). However, I see them up for sale on ebay occassionally, and on SS.org for very reasonable prices relatively frequently.

Btw, I believe Heafy is playing an Epi 7 atm, I don't think its a Gibson?
Ah ok, hadn't heard.

A 7 string explorer might be cool...on the other hand, gibby, overpriced. :/
Quote by Cody_Grey102

Won't happen unless he goes to america to get a cheaper one.
The seven string I'll use my own cash.

Quote by Shinozoku
Try Schecter, yeah.

Or, get Perry Ormsby to build you a custom 7 string LP Copy the radius and contour of an LP but with a 25" PRS style scale length for some extra tension, and some badass pickups (like Rock Monkeys), angled headstock, and a killer bridge to keep everything clear sounding.

Snless you wanna really play some metal, in which case, bump up that scale to 26.5 inches like the Schecter ones.

Not a bad idea...

I'll attempt to find a Schecter to try out, if I don't like it I'll look into that other idea.

The point is I want the feel of a les paul cause on everything else it feels horrible and i can't play anything, I don't care too much about neck size.

But I'll try to keep costs down, but i'm open to anymore ideas
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by Pac_man0123
He just got 2 custom Gibson Explorers in the mail a few days back- one 6 string and one 7

apparently hes working on a les paul sig...