Hi, this is my first post and I was wondering what's a good cheap phaser pedal. I do not want to spend over $50. I've been looking at a behringer vp1 vintage phaser pedal which is a clone of the small stone phaser. It looks good and from what I've heard it sounds good and it looks retro and cool. Should I get it?
I'd take danelectro over behringer ANY day. Go pick up whichever food-named pedal dano make that's a flanger. I want to say it's the hash browns but I'm not positive.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Behringer guitars, amps (not including bugera), and effects =/= good

Mixers, PA equipment, rack eq's and such tend to be decent
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Actually, some Behringer effects are pretty good quality, it's just the construction that sucks.
To answer you question, TS, there are no good cheap phasers because phasers are pretty complex, large circuits. Unlike an OD or boost which can be decent at a low price, phasers won't be. You should just pick up a Nano Small Stone (the cheapest you should go).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Boo Phase 90!
Hooray Small Stone!!!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^I disagree, it's decent. The small stone kills it
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss