My girlfriend and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary, july 8th. We've always had a fine relationship. We never fought the entire time, but we are also certainly not attached to eachother (we don't love eachother or anything, mostly just care or whatever.) Anyways, I wouldn't say we have an abusive relationship, but we push eachother around a lot in a playful way cuz we know we can both handle it. She can be very self-centered so sometimes you have to give her a shove to show her when shes gone too far. I dont advocate abuse of females by any means.. its just the way her and I are with eachother. Its never been like that with nebody else.

Anyways, I was at a "july 3rd" party tonight with her and some of her friends. Everything was going fine and we were having a couple drinks. She got kind of mean though, and she told me to drink some more and go drive home, in a non kidding way in front of everybody. Im not a huge drinker really, especially if I know im driving I will only have one, if not, its all fair game. Anyways, when she said that I kinda laughed it off and I popped her with my fingers against her cheek. She took it totally the wrong way though and smacked me hard in the face. Soo... I sorta popped her back, not hard enough to make her head turn or anything, but slightly beyond the point of joking around. She tried to hit me again and then I just sorta grabbed her arms and stopped her. After that, we just sorta ignored each other for the rest of the night and she just texted all night. Near the end I took her phone and I was like, "stop texting and ignoring me, its annoying" and she was like "good" and i was like "i hit you but you shouldnt have said that **** to me".

Anyways, I guess she got embarassed in front of her friends cuz we had a mini fight. Shes sleeping over there, but I took off. I haven't heard from her since, and I haven't texted her since i left or anything. I figure its a bad idea to text her while shes with her friends cuz im sure they are all talking about it and being girlish and telling her how big of a dou*che I am.

If you guys don't care and want to flame me, thats fine, I'm alright with it. I'm just curious if anybody has any useful advice. And for the record, are relationship is never bumpy like this. We've always been wicked cool with eachother. This was unusual.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jul 4, 2009,
Cool story bro, but, relationship thread flames are on their way.

Dont hit ladies, alright. All the people that were around you probably think you're a douche for that situation, cause first, if she told you to drink and drive theres a practically no chance that she's being serious, secondly you got butthurt, third, you hit her back seriously.

Not good moves.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
i enjoy hitting girls too. i feel like more of a man.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Honestly that doesnt sound like a relationship.

That sounds like a mediocre friendship.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Watterboy
My girlfriend and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary, july 8th. We've always had a fine relationship. We never fought the entire time, but we are also certainly not attached to eachother (we don't love eachother or anything, mostly just care or whatever.) Anyways, I wouldn't say we have an abusive relationship, but we push eachother around a lot in a playful way cuz we know we can both handle it. She can be very self-centered so sometimes you have to give her a shove to show her when shes gone too far. I dont advocate abuse of females by any means.. its just the way her and I are with eachother. Its never been like that with nebody else.

Anyways, I was at a "july 3rd" party tonight with her and some of her friends. Everything was going fine and we were having a couple drinks. She got kind of mean though, and she told me to drink some more and go drive home, in a non kidding way in front of everybody. Im not a huge drinker really, especially if I know im driving I will only have one, if not, its all fair game. Anyways, when she said that I kinda laughed it off and I popped her with my fingers against her cheek. She took it totally the wrong way though and smacked me hard in the face. Soo... I sorta popped her back, not hard enough to make her head turn or anything, but slightly beyond the point of joking around. She tried to hit me again and then I just sorta grabbed her arms and stopped her. After that, we just sorta ignored each other for the rest of the night and she just texted all night. Near the end I took her phone and I was like, "stop texting and ignoring me, its annoying" and she was like "good" and i was like "i hit you but you shouldnt have said that **** to me".

Anyways, I guess she got embarassed in front of her friends cuz we had a mini fight. Shes sleeping over there, but I took off. I haven't heard from her since, and I haven't texted her since i left or anything. I figure its a bad idea to text her while shes with her friends cuz im sure they are all talking about it and being girlish and telling her how big of a dou*che I am.

If you guys don't care and want to flame me, thats fine, I'm alright with it. I'm just curious if anybody has any useful advice. And for the record, are relationship is never bumpy like this. We've always been wicked cool with eachother. This was unusual.

Why exactly are you in the relationship then?
Quote by metaldud536
So from what I read...you two are 5 years old right?

True.
a little lost.....
Yeah, when a woman's serious play fighting isn't the answer, especially if you get more aggressive after each play hit.

Call her, apologize, say you didn't mean for things to get out of hand.

EDIT
Quote by Watterboy
My girlfriend and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary, july 8th. We've always had a fine relationship. We never fought the entire time, but we are also certainly not attached to eachother (we don't love eachother or anything, mostly just care or whatever.)

Doesn't sound like a relationship, sounds like friends with benefits

You really should decide what you want bud.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Watterboy
And for the record, are relationship is never bumpy like this.

I don't know if relationship is never bumpy like that.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
she texted you all night meaning she obviously cared and wanted to take back what she did. She probably just had a mood swing, ask her what was wrong with her back then, talk to her about it. Never hit her again.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Grimmy101
Why exactly are you in the relationship then?

Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither is love.

It takes a lot longer then a year.
Quote by Jimbosandwich

.....what?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Such a massive wall of text I will probably gain nothing from reading.

Wow.

What to do?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Jimbosandwich

only if you like wasting time

you don't grow to love someone in that way, it happens quicker than that, that's why they call it "falling in love"
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by sneyob
Such a massive wall of text I will probably gain nothing from reading.

Wow.

What to do?

Look at my sig brah!!
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Yea, here is some advice don't hit chicks... even slap them. Be a man and leave the room. If it's really been a year I'm sure you'll get over it, but dude, your relationship is more brother/sister than it is bf/gf...
Yea that kinda "joking around" usually results in this. You're surprised?
Apologize; you're in the wrong. End of story.
Also, nice gear [your sig].
And raep.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by Jimbosandwich

The way he describes it though it doesn't even sound like it would make any progress into anything.

Like other people have said, it just sounds like a friendship, and not a great one at that.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
only if you like wasting time

you don't grow to love someone in that way, it happens quicker than that, that's why they call it "falling in love"

Well, in this case, the guy is "slowly declining into love" with an abusive woman. Hit it and quit, and not in an abusive way, cuz that obviously didn't work the first time.
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Quote by illuminatiano
she texted you all night meaning she obviously cared and wanted to take back what she did. She probably just had a mood swing, ask her what was wrong with her back then, talk to her about it. Never hit her again.

I think he meant that she just texted on her phone (to other people) all night and stayed away from him.

But to the original poster: You shouldn't have touched her. And you two don't even belong together if you don't feel anything after a month or two nevermind a year.

I agree with the dude earlier who said to apologize. Be a man, suck it up and admit that you were wrong, you were drinking and not thinking straight, tell her your feelings that you took it seriously and you're willing to forgive her for saying that but to avoid saying things like that in the future, especially in public.

Also, cool story, bro.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by Grimmy101
The way he describes it though it doesn't even sound like it would make any progress into anything.

Like other people have said, it just sounds like a friendship, and not a great one at that.

Okay, that makes more sense. I thought he was actually trying to get closer to her.

My bad