ok so,
i ordered my first tube head today..
a bugera 6262

the problem is...i havent got a cab just yet...
ill be getting that in the next few weeks

so i was just wondering if i would be able to play the head through my 100w 1x12 marshall combo at really low volumes so that i can at least play with the head for a while?

or will it destroy the speaker?
check the omh value but i doubt you can do this just wait i wouldnt risk it
As long as you don't crank it you'll be safe, even then I still wouldn't be worried.

Edit: ^ Unless I'm mistaken the boogera has 4/8/16 ohm outputs, so that wouldn't be an issue. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't do this. If the speaker doesn't have a jack he'd have to wire one on, otherwise it should be as easily as unplugging the speaker and plugging it into the bugera.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jul 4, 2009,
yeah it does have a jack....
thats what i was planning on doing, just unplugging the amp and plugging the bugera into it

so do i have to do anything with the bugera to be safe...or just have it turned down low.
Don't turn it to ten and you'll be alright. There's nothing dangerous about a 120 watt amp into a 100 watt speaker. Speakers are typically rated conservatively and that amp won't be pushing all 120 watts until it's turned up very, very loud.
Obviously make sure that the ohms are matching.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
ok so on the back of my amp it says ''minimum total imp. 4Ω''

does that mean i should set the head to 4Ω when i plug it in?
yes, use the 4 ohm input, and you should be okay.

in regards to the speaker.....dont crank it and you should be fine...
I'd check the speaker and see how many ohms it is. It's possible that there's an 8 or 16 ohm speaker in there. If there's no markings on it I'd borrow a multimeter and check the impedance myself just to be safe.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd check the speaker and see how many ohms it is. It's possible that there's an 8 or 16 ohm speaker in there. If there's no markings on it I'd borrow a multimeter and check the impedance myself just to be safe.

good call Kevin
^ yeah, you never know with cheap SS amps since they can run on pretty much anything. And considering bugera's aren't known as the heartiest of amps I'd not wanna risk running it into an improper load.
haha, yeah, I cant even imagine. Even a tank-like amp can only take so much of that before it blows an OT.....
^Yeah, unless it's a mesa I wouldn't wanna risk something like that.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Yeah, unless it's a mesa I wouldn't wanna risk something like that.

ahahhaa, or a Larry.... those things can take water damage (same with Mesa I think) and still be fine with just a change of tubes...
I dunno about the water damage part, but I don't think I'd risk that on any amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I dunno about the water damage part, but I don't think I'd risk that on any amp.

ahhah, there is a story about a bunch of Larry amps sitting in a flooded basment for like a month after Katrina (the hurrican for those less informed).....after they were pulled out they were washed down to get rid of the salt and then left out to dry. After that, they replaced the tubes and they were good to go.

Also heard a similar story about Mesa stuff.
I'd think any amp could survive that as long as it was thoroughly dried out. I know a mod on here has an Ampeg Reverb Rocket that survived a tornado. I believe the only damage it suffered was have the 'm' in Ampeg ripped off. It's A peg now.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd think any amp could survive that as long as it was thoroughly dried out. I know a mod on here has an Ampeg Reverb Rocket that survived a tornado. I believe the only damage it suffered was have the 'm' in Ampeg ripped off. It's A peg now.

thats freakin AWESOME! I always wanted an A peg!!!!!