I live in South jersey, near philly. (i can pretty much see philly from my backyard)
and i wanna start up a band.
The Sound im goin for is Metallica meets Killswitch Engage meets Megadeth.
I play a ****ty strat copy (Fender Starcaster) and have a 30watt Line 6 Spider 3 AMp.
im gettin a new guitar this weekend.
ive been playing for about a year and a half but im actually pretty good and have a very good sense of timing.
if youre intrested hit me up!
you can't play Metalcore/Thrash

Metalcore wiped Thrash almost off the face of the earth...
Quote by ChadHasADD
Thrash almost off the face of the earth...

lies
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
lies

+1
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
lies

I was trying not to make it sound like thrash lost to -core, but what I mean is that they're complete opposites.
Riff wise they aren't really that different. You can easily write thrashy riffs with a Metalcore feel to them. It's more the "scene" that is different.

It's not like your trying to combine Dying Fetus and Fall out Boy.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by ChadHasADD
I was trying not to make it sound like thrash lost to -core, but what I mean is that they're complete opposites.

That's funny, I always thought metalcore drew very heavily on thrash metal and groove metal. And now that I think of it, thrash metal draws pretty heavily on hardcore and thrash.

You're talking about a genre of metal and hardcore crossover with shouted vocals, fast, hardcore derived riffs and heavy, usually mid tempo breakdowns (thrash metal) being the opposite of a genre of metal and hardcore crossover with shouted or screamed vocals, mid tempo riffs and syncopated Pantera breakdowns.

tl;dr, They're cousins, they're so similar that crossover was inevitable, get over it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
thrash is just iron maiden meets black flag
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML