I saw this amp on the Fender website while drooling over the telecasters, I saw the amp models it had and I thought this amp would be great for me, since I'm the kind of guitar player that needs a LOT of versatility.

My question is, what are YOUR opinions on this amp? I play mainly classic rock/metal through heavy metal and a bit of thrash (though not much).
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
No, just no. The only thing to like about the fender is the cleans, and those aren't anything to right home about either. Unless you plan on getting all your sound from distortion pedal look elsewhere.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well what amp would you recommend that's 300 US dollars or less? I would go for the Peavey Vypyr but I've seen complaints on the official forums and read a lot of reviews claiming the construction quality is absolutely terrible, if I had the patience to wait two to six weeks every time the amp broke down, I would get it.

And believe me, I would totally go for a tube amp if I didn't have to crank the amp to get a good sound of it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

Last edited by Scutchington at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
No, just no. The only thing to like about the fender is the cleans, and those aren't anything to right home about either. Unless you plan on getting all your sound from distortion pedal look elsewhere.

this.

/thread
You might be able to find a b-52 at112 for that price, I'm not sure. An Ampeg Vh140c would do you well in this situation, if you can find one. There's some older crate SS amps out there that don't sound bad at all, though there's just as many duds, so try before you buy.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
try before you buy.

I swear, I wish I could give better advice, but AFAIK this is the best...
I found a Crate GX130C Head on my local craig's list, is this one of those good Crate SS amps you were talking about? I might get it, though I'll need a cabinet.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Scutchington
I found a Crate GX130C Head on my local craig's list, is this one of those good Crate SS amps you were talking about? I might get it, though I'll need a cabinet.

dude...all I can say is yes. One of the best sounding crates ever, seriously
Well then! I just heard a youtube demo and I must say... Well... do actually, but.

*drool*

I need a cheap but good (or decent ) cab to go along with it.

Edit: HOWEVER, my main reason for staying away from tube amos is because I need an amp that can do decent bedroom volumes.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Last edited by Scutchington at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Scutchington
Well then! I just heard a youtube demo and I must say... Well... do actually, but.

*drool*

I need a cheap but good (or decent ) cab to go along with it.

anything from Avatar will do.

Also, AB Custom Audio will do a 4x12 right now for 150 unloaded.

http://www.abcustomaudio.net/index.htm
Amazingly, the seller was awake at this hour and answered my email in less than 10 minutes, unfortunately he sold it to a self proclaimed "Gear Junkie".

My friend recommend the Carvin SX100 1x12 combo amp to me, though I heard of Carvin, I never heard any of their amps.
Quote by RU Experienced?