so i was bored tonight and in the mood for some drone
since my electrics are all out of action for one reason or another, i grabbed my acoustic, miced it up and recorded a 12 minute doom drone improv and then put vst amp simulations on it while i was mixing it

here it is
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/631208/The%20Celestial%20Speech%201.mp3
This is an interesting piece. My only real complaint is that it is really undefined in places, but seeing how you used an acoustic for this, it is not bad at all. I wish my laptop would not lag terrible when I use VST...oh well. You managed to get pretty good tone out of what you were using here. I have never listened to this genre, but it is definately an interesting one. What bands might play this type of music?

I have definitely never listen to anything like this before...kudos

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151709
Sunn0))), Earth, some stuff by Boris.

Anyways, I think this is one of the better and more original songs I've heard posted here. I actually downloaded it, that's gotta hint at something.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by whitenihilist
This is an interesting piece. My only real complaint is that it is really undefined in places, but seeing how you used an acoustic for this, it is not bad at all. I wish my laptop would not lag terrible when I use VST...oh well. You managed to get pretty good tone out of what you were using here. I have never listened to this genre, but it is definately an interesting one. What bands might play this type of music?

I have definitely never listen to anything like this before...kudos

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151709

Yeah the last half is really, really undefined. I dropped the tuning to drop-i'm-really-not-quite-sure-what-but-its-really-****ing-low
it gets really atonal even by my standards haha

Check out Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar. A slightly unconventional doom drone that, *GASP* even incorporates drums!
Earth 2 is the definitive doom drone album, pretty much ESSENTIAL. "Like Gold And Faceted" is a masterpiece!
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue has one song that gets really really doomy. Check out the track "____ On Limpid Form" Probably one of the most potent bits of doomyness ever recorded EVER. The rest of the album is an avant-garde masterpiece too, so check that out for good measure.
Get the new Sunn O))) album while you're at it too, also very very good.

I've already got a new track done, which is a manipulation of a never-ending reverb. Covered it in EQ's and bitcrushers and a bunch of other stupid effects and toyed with it for about 20 minutes. Cut it down to 8 in the end.

Got another idea for a track too, so I'll probably record that later too.

I am probably going to record an album's worth of material or so and release it for free online, so I'll keep you both posted.
Quote by Dream Pin
Yeah the last half is really, really undefined. I dropped the tuning to drop-i'm-really-not-quite-sure-what-but-its-really-****ing-low
it gets really atonal even by my standards haha

Check out Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar. A slightly unconventional doom drone that, *GASP* even incorporates drums!
Earth 2 is the definitive doom drone album, pretty much ESSENTIAL. "Like Gold And Faceted" is a masterpiece!
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue has one song that gets really really doomy. Check out the track "____ On Limpid Form" Probably one of the most potent bits of doomyness ever recorded EVER. The rest of the album is an avant-garde masterpiece too, so check that out for good measure.
Get the new Sunn O))) album while you're at it too, also very very good.

I've already got a new track done, which is a manipulation of a never-ending reverb. Covered it in EQ's and bitcrushers and a bunch of other stupid effects and toyed with it for about 20 minutes. Cut it down to 8 in the end.

Got another idea for a track too, so I'll probably record that later too.

I am probably going to record an album's worth of material or so and release it for free online, so I'll keep you both posted.

Cool, thanks for the recommendations, I am looking forward to hear more.
the introduction track? very very cool, but it's begging for a nice breakbeat under it or something, maybe some form of old school funk groove, trip-jop style. it's ****ing BEGGING for it man.
the really weird atonal sounding melody is cool, i dig it, but i dont like where it double times so much, maybe if you changed key occaisionally to throw the listener off it would make it a bit more interesting without abandoning the groove by double timing
very atmospheric though, i dig it