Poll: Would you trade?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you trade?
Yes
7 78%
No
2 22%
Voters: 9.
Ok, today, a guy on Craigslist offered to trade me his Music Man JP-7 Mystic Dream for my H&K Warp X head and one of my cabs.

Now, the Framus is probably worth the least in the condition it's in... but it sounds so damn good with my Marshall, I'd hate to give it up. On the other hand, my Mesa sounds great as well, but not as good with the Marshall as it does with the H&K, and is in dead mint condition, so it's worth a good $200 or so more...

My question is, what would you do? I'm valuing my H&K and cab at around $1600, though it's probably worth less.

I just got an RG7620 today (which was my first 7 string), and it feels awesome. I've been wanting to get a more higher end guitar and something like the JP-7, especially with the Piezo looks almost ideal. My only concern is how does it play in comparison to my Ibanez, and is the trade at least even, or in my favor?

Help!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 4, 2009,
The JP is the best guitar i have ever played, period.

I've played JEMs, prestige ibanez guitars, non-prestige ibanez, and i myself am also an owner of an RG7620, but the MusicMan JP Signature model is the best feeling guitar i have ever played. The neck is slightly thicker (only slightly) and a tiny bit more curved than an Ibanez, but is insanely comfortable. I really suggest you try it for yourself- you won't be disappointed.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The JP is the best guitar i have ever played, period.

I've played JEMs, prestige ibanez guitars, non-prestige ibanez, and i myself am also an owner of an RG7620, but the MusicMan JP Signature model is the best feeling guitar i have ever played. The neck is slightly thicker (only slightly) and a tiny bit more curved than an Ibanez, but is insanely comfortable. I really suggest you try it for yourself- you won't be disappointed.

Cool!

Any other opinions?

Really, I'd like to be getting the better trade on this, because I don't want to give up my cab if it's about equal value.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
if you get to play the JP and like it i'd go for that. amps can be replaced. you probably wouldn't be able to tell your amp from another of the same model if they were played side by side. but a guitar is almost always a unique piece of machinery, and you could pick out your guitar from a line-up or by feel or tone.

so i say, if you like the feel of the guitar, go for the trade! you might not see another one, when you could buy another H&K one day.

i don't know if the values are close though... i can't find any JP7's on ebay, but your H&K goes for about $2000.
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
if you get to play the JP and like it i'd go for that. amps can be replaced. you probably wouldn't be able to tell your amp from another of the same model if they were played side by side. but a guitar is almost always a unique piece of machinery, and you could pick out your guitar from a line-up or by feel or tone.

so i say, if you like the feel of the guitar, go for the trade! you might not see another one, when you could buy another H&K one day.

i don't know if the values are close though... i can't find any JP7's on ebay, but your H&K goes for about $2000.

That's true.

I've been wanting something higher end for a while now and now that I've decided that I love my 7 string, with the Piezo, the JP-7 seems to be almost ideal to what I want. Plus that finish looks sick, and it has a birdseye maple neck

I think I'll give it a whirl, I just don't like the idea of trading my cab - I could really care less about the amp. I just wanted to use the cab with my Vetta if I traded away the amp, but if I like the guitar, it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Based on the value of good condition 6 string models in the same finish, the guitar should be worth significantly more than what I have in my stack.

Even if I decided I didn't like it after a while, I think it'd be very safe to say that the JP-7 would be a lot easier to get rid of for something else than the H&K would
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
TRUE! no matter what i'm buying and how much i'm sure i will love it, or how much i do love it, i'm always thinking about resale. i bet you could put that on ebay and be done with it in the same day
I'd do it. I'm on the hunt for a piezo bridge again myself and that's a fine guitar.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD