Are there any? I had the question come up and did not really have an answer. I would tend to think not, but I could be wrong?
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
I know there are pros who use line 6 vettas, I couldn't tell you any off the top of my head.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
loads of people use the built in reverb on fenders, and no doubt there are others who use other in-built effects.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
I figured it just would not be all that common. As most pros use high end amps that usually don't offer built in effects. (Other than reverb)
Gear:
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
loads of people use the built in reverb on fenders, and no doubt there are others who use other in-built effects.

I wouldn't really call Reverb a "built in effect," it comes in so many amps and 99% of people who have one with it are going to use it, it adds depth to your sound. If you have it there, I don't see the point of not using it, unless the reverb on the amp sucks.

Quite a few artists use Vettas, but I'm not sure if any of them actually use the built in effects, other than reverb, comp and gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you count amps with tremolo as a built-in effect, then absolutely loads. Otherwise, it's mainly people who use Vettas, but as MatrixClaw said, most people just use them for the modelling rather than the effects, as far as I know. I'm not that certain though...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jul 4, 2009,
Tremeolo and 'verb are of course very common. but I can't imagine why anyone would use cheap, crappy onboard digital FX when they can can have all the top-quality pedalboard and rackmount effects they like.
Static X - Marshall MG100HDFX, I think
Meshuggah used Vettas (it's Axe-FX now), I guess they had some delay and modulation on the amp for the solos.
Bumblefoot uses Vettas
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Most high end amps lack in-built effects, so that would explain it. Besides, most of the time you dont have that much choice or control on in-built effects (Vetta excluded) so individual stompboxes are almost always the better choice.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Zoot Allures
i know zappa mentioned he used an amp with a built in phaser one time

What amp? I've never heard of an amp with built in phaser before.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
SOOOOOOOOOOO many pros switching to the Axe-FX Ultra now it's not even funny. Dweezil Zappa, Meshuggah etc....
DJ Ashba of Sixx A.M. and (not sure if this rumour is true) Guns N' Roses now, uses a Line 6 Vetta i think?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Michael Wilton of queensryche..H&K Switchblade
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Silenced7
SOOOOOOOOOOO many pros switching to the Axe-FX Ultra now it's not even funny. Dweezil Zappa, Meshuggah etc....

The Axe-FX is not an amplifier. Though I do hear good things about it.
Gear:
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Quote by Silenced7

Have you heard it yet? Buddy of mine owns the top end version and it absolutely slays any other modeling on the market and IMHO sounds better than all but the best real amps (assuming you run it through a quality tube power amp (he uses a Randall RT-2/50 into twin Avatar 4x12s).

After I get my second Suhr guitar the Axe-FX may well be my next purchase (luckily, I already own a Randall RT-2/50 and Avatar 4x12 -- but right now I drive it with a Line 6 POD X3 Live).
Most threads in here I just ignore (too little time, too many obligations). I'm glad I took the time to read this one. I actually took the time also to search out this thing on the net. Definitely, it looks worthwhile. I'm not a tone purist by any stretch of the imagination. I even want to pick up a guitar synth soon and start messing with that too, but this Axe-FX seems to warrant some more investigation. Thanks
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1