My local music store/lessons went bankrupt, so they sold me a lv100 for AU$180!
Pics and review up later, I'm off to play
EDIT: Pics are up (sorry for bad quallity )

キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Jul 4, 2009,
Congrats! That's a Laney, right?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
HNAD, nice deal! But seriously, pix dude!!!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I demand pics NOW. NOT LATER.

Pics or it's a Spider 3
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Pics are up.
The cleans are real nice but the distortion needs some work.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Freakin' sweet, HNAD

Any chance of clipzorz?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
What store? I'm in perth.. how did i not hear about this! D:
Nice job what guitar shop was this?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

John Pounds Music Center in Balcata, they're having a closing down sale. Like a for realz closing down sale. Check em out while they're still open, they've been running for 20 or so years doing music lessons and supplying instruments but some **** happened and now the owner has to sell the shop and his house.

Anyway, the amp is okay. It's a little bit better than my Roland cube Rx but if I can sell it in for more than what I got it for then that seems the best option. Although it does look smexy.
Another option might also be buying a distortion pedal. Hopefully that can fix things up. Actually, how much does a dist/od pedal really change an amp? I have 0 experience with pedals so I wouldn't know.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Main ones i know/use are billy hyde, kosmic sound, and sound center.. none of these had such a sale.. must have been a local guitar store like the rock inn or something lame like that.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNAD

Is this a tube or solid state amp. Either way, an Overdrive pedal might help. Like a Maxon, Tubescreamer, Bad Monkey, type OD. I wouldn't get a Disti pedal if I were you.

It's a solid state using 'tube simulation'
And yeah, I'll check them out
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
It's Sunday I actually live around the corner from there would they be open today?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Hmm, Idk probably not.
Also, I realized the amp's great!
Just not for metal
And I've heard all of those metal pedals are ****. Can anyone suggest a good one?
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
I seriously wouldn't add one of those 'metal' pedals to it. If you can't get what you need off an OD pedal (yes on an your SS amp) then get a different amp. I don't think Laney is well known for making really good SS amps that can do metal

I could be wrong
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I seriously wouldn't add one of those 'metal' pedals to it. If you can't get what you need off an OD pedal (yes on an your SS amp) then get a different amp. I don't think Laney is well known for making really good SS amps that can do metal

I could be wrong

Hmmm, electric harmonic's Metal Muff sounds good. Does anyone know if it will improve the amps tonal quality when used or if it will still fail, since I've seen various demos on youtube of the pedal and some sound a lot better than others (take chareeto's for example sounds a hell of a lot better than the glam metal demo) Also, I've heard that the metal muff works better with an eq pedal but don't they tend to create unwanted buzz or hums?

I suppose though the combination of both a metal muff pedal and an eq pedal would be more expensive than selling it, which I could probably get a few hundred dollars profit (I think the RRP is AU$500?). And I guess OD/Distortion/Metal pedals are mainly used for tube amps anyway. Which reminds me, at the same place they had an Ashdown Fallen Angel all tube combo going for about $700 and if it doesn't sell within the next day or so (which it probably will) they'll probably drop the price even more since they're desperate to clear all their stock.

Which begs the question why didn't I get it in the first place? Well, being the cheap-ass brat I am, I got my parents to buy it for me (on an IOU basis) and their budget was only about $200 bucks. I guess I could return the amp before buying the Ashdown and maybe getting a metal muff since (from what I've heard) they work better on tube amps and while the fallen angel was good it's OD wasn't the most extreme so a metal/OD pedal would do it good.

Hmm, the laney is good but it just doesn't have the exact tone I'm looking for, although I guess I should have thought about that while I was trying it out in the store. Ah wull :shrugs:
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Shredoftheday
Hmmm,

Hmm, the laney is good but it just doesn't have the exact tone I'm looking for, although I guess I should have thought about that while I was trying it out in the store. Ah wull :shrugs:

Laney makes good amps. Period. Whether or not yours is suited for what you need only you know that fo sho. Don't beat yourself up. We've all been there. Deal with your amp for now unless you are gigging.

do you have used marshall tube and orange tube and laney tube amps around you for sale? Used? Do that. what about a laney pro tube or AOR?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Laney makes good amps. Period. Whether or not yours is suited for what you need only you know that fo sho. Don't beat yourself up. We've all been there. Deal with your amp for now unless you are gigging.

do you have used marshall tube and orange tube and laney tube amps around you for sale? Used? Do that. what about a laney pro tube or AOR?

Hmm, Idk, if I look around in some pawn shops I might be able to find some I guess. I know kosmic stock jvm and orange but not second hand ones. Zenith might. I guess I should just go to Kosmic and ask to bring home a metal muff or something similar to try out with it and if that doesn't work I'll just use my RX cube for metal
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki