Hey guys.

i have the coil tappable emg 81tw/89's on my schecter.

i just want to know if the 18v mod makes very high gain distorted stuff sound better.

in fact just tell me what exactly it does for the tone.

will it work with the new emg's?

thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
from what i've heard it does very, very little to tone, makes them a little more clear... but it really just makes the pickups last longer....
Last edited by SPBY at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
im not certain but i think it just makes the pickups last longer....

thanks for your input but, FAIL.
Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by SOADriff

um, seeing as you have done no research yourself, why dont you go do that, it's what i did, it says (from people who have done exactly what you're talking about), that it does really nothing for tone.
Quote by SPBY
um, seeing as you have done no research yourself, why dont you go do that, it's what i did, it says (from people who have done exactly what you're talking about), that it does really nothing for tone.

then you talk to complete retards. I have done some extent of research, it supposedly increases headroom of the pickup and decreases the sound of the pick hitting the strings.
Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by SOADriff

absolute ****ing dickhead he was trying to help you and all you can do is put him down, yeah you are a real tough guy
Quote by azn_guitarist25
absolute ****ing dickhead he was trying to help you and all you can do is put him down, yeah you are a real tough guy

at least i thanked him first
Quote by Mad Marius
putting two batteries in parallel would make the pickups last longer. but it would still be 9v. putting two batteries in series (making it 18v) will increase the output/headroom/dynamics of the pickup.

personally i dont see why you would go through the trouble seeing that a passive pickup+ clean boost pedal will do the same thing (but more effective and more versitile).
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jul 4, 2009,