basically my birthday's coming up soon, so imma have a bit of cash to buy new toys with. i figure after i get my birthday money and save up a bit ill have enough for something in the price range of 100-150 pounds.

so so far ive been looking at a bare knuckle warpig humbucker, or the bloody mary distortion pedal.

so anyone got any ideas? which one would be better from those two? i own an ibanez RG350DX with all its stock components.

im also open to suggestions of other toys too!! NOT AN AMP!!
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Last edited by sylphin at Jul 4, 2009,
RG350DX? I'd suggest putting that money into buying a good trem for it
I love Ibanez RG350DX. My dream guitar
As far as I know the guitar's stock hums are good so I'd go for the Bloody Mary. At the moment I'm looking at it's demo and it sounds incredible!

Edit:If you're into something heavier than the Bloody Mary I've heard of a pedal called Doomsday Device which is...well a Doomsday Device distortion It's insane!
Last edited by Dopemgs at Jul 4, 2009,
i know its just freaking awesome the toonne THE TOONNEE!! and ffs im perfectly happy with my edge III trem system its never once gone out of tune or crapped out on me, its all good, im happy with it

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by Dopemgs
I love Ibanez RG350DX. My dream guitar
As far as I know the guitar's stock hums are good so I'd go for the Bloody Mary. At the moment I'm looking at it's demo and it sounds incredible!

Edit:If you're into something heavier than the Bloody Mary I've heard of a pedal called Doomsday Device which is...well a Doomsday Device distortion It's insane!

yeah ive heard about that too. seen clips

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
the doomsday device you say? ill check it out :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
i would just recommend a new amp. those amps are the equivalent to a marshall mg if i'm not mistaken and while they have that brutal distortion it's just not a great amp on the whole.
umm what amp.. no one mentioned an amp o.0

anyway i gotta say im liking the bloody mary more than the doomsday device lol

edit >.< you were referring to the amp in my sig werent you, gawd i feel stupid. anyway i cant change the amp even if i wanted to because its a gift. and plus i get all my tone from my pedals and such so the quality of the amp doesent really phase me

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Last edited by sylphin at Jul 4, 2009,
Uh, a really good amp will do more then pedals. I use pedals to make my ****ty amp work decent but when I plug into a ENGL or 6505, wow...

I like bare knuckles, can't go wrong but if you are happy with your pickups, look at an amp before a pedal imho...
In the Valley of Vung
well as i said before im not in a position to buy z new amp its not an option.

so i want to know what would benifit me more, a pedal or a warpig humbucker

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
New pickups? - No
New pedal? - perhaps, but not all that cost effective
New amp? - definitely
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
for the third.. and final damn time. I CANT BUY A NEW AMP!!!

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Personally I'd go for a pedal. It's just you can take your guitar to a shop, and try out different pedals and see which one you like. With pickups, you'd kinda have to install them first on your guitar to see what they sound like.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
why thankyou good sir lol, reet then well it looks like its leaning towards the pedal right now, see the reason i was thinking of new pickups was because people dont really have anything nice to say about the stock infinity pickups on the RG350, so i thought id get a high end pickup and see if there was a difference

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
You might wanna change the picksups at some point then. But you'd have to know the exact pickups you want, and that they give the sound you want. No point buying pickups because they're high end ones, put them on your guitar and not like the sound.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
hmm well ive seen some demo vids of the bare knuckle warpigs and i liked what i heard, so with that in mind would the pickups be the better choice?

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by sylphin
hmm well ive seen some demo vids of the bare knuckle warpigs and i liked what i heard, so with that in mind would the pickups be the better choice?

Although I understand you can't afford a new amplifier, I would just save up money for one then. New pickups barely compose the tone of your sound if an amplifier isn't fit for the tone in the first place. If you are still mind-set on spending your money, get some pedal(s) but I would advise against it in my opinion. Good luck.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by sylphin
Unless those demos were used with the same guitar and same amp as you they are pretty much meaningless.
Hey, if you want some Warpigs, do it...so one day when you get that new amp you won't start a new thread saying, "Well a while back I bought a pedal instead of some pickups and guess what...I got that amp every one kept telling me to get. Now I find that my pickups suck...I had been looking at some Bareknuckle Warpig pups but got a ****ty pedal that I am not using anymore..."
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by Mr. Parker
Hey, if you want some Warpigs, do it...so one day when you get that new amp you won't start a new thread saying, "Well a while back I bought a pedal instead of some pickups and guess what...I got that amp every one kept telling me to get. Now I find that my pickups suck...I had been looking at some Bareknuckle Warpig pups but got a ****ty pedal that I am not using anymore..."

That's why you buy a GOOD pedal instead of a ****ty pedal.
There are sensible suggestions against both of your ideas.

Warpigs
I use Bare Knuckle pups myself so believe me, I know how good they are but I wouldn't get them yet for a number of reasons. Firstly, the Warpig isn't just a high end pickup, it's also a very high gain pickup, which is great if tha's what you're after but it is also something more of a one trick pony than other Bare Knuckle pups. You might want to email Tim at Bare Knuckle to ask his advice for your rig but there lies another problem because the dynamics of the pup will vary depending on your amp. One day you will change your amp and the performance of the Warpig may vary on different amps. Furthermore, Bare Knuckle pups and high end pups in general will perform far better on a valve amp than a poor solid state. For all these reasons, it's pointless getting a Warpig now.

Pedal
You may say that all your tone comes from your pedals but unless you have an astonishingly good clean amp that is totally transparent, that simply isn't the case. Your amp probably affects your tone more than anything else in your signal chain. What's more, like really good pickups, decent pedals will have far more impact on a good valve amp than they will on a poor solid state. Even if you found a pedal that worked well with your amp, it may sound awful once you get a decent amp.

I appreciate it's a pain when you said you don't want a new amp and people keep saying that but sadly, if you want a better tone then that is exactly what you need. Make up whatever story you need to get rid of it but changing it is the best thing you can do. £150 may not get you a decent valve amp but it will buy either a Peavey Vypyr 30w or a Vox VT30, both of which will have far more effect on your tone than either a Warpig or a new pedal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1