i have one. and i also have plenty of extra patch cables and a surplus of power adaptors. it sits by the MT-2 in my closet.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
i use a DS-2 but i've seen people get some great sounds from the DS-1 as well. it's a severely underrated pedal which is hated on far too much. Initially i bought the DS-2 for its "solid state buzzsaw" tonal properties and it worked well for that, but it also ended up working even better as a gritty boost in front of my laney VC30. A very transparent one at that - it really does a great job of allowing the "personality" of the guitars tone to come through the amp despite the very grinding distorted tone, something i've not heard from any other distortion pedal - even most overdrives tend to mask a guitars natural voice but the DS-2 kind of enhances it! and for that the "orange boxes of bees" are among my favourite dirtboxes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i use a DS-2 but i've seen people get some great sounds from the DS-1 as well. it's a severely underrated pedal which is hated on far too much. Initially i bought the DS-2 for its "solid state buzzsaw" tonal properties and it worked well for that, but it also ended up working even better as a gritty boost in front of my laney VC30. A very transparent one at that - it really does a great job of allowing the "personality" of the guitars tone to come through the amp despite the very grinding distorted tone, something i've not heard from any other distortion pedal - even most overdrives tend to mask a guitars natural voice but the DS-2 kind of enhances it! and for that the "orange boxes of bees" are among my favourite dirtboxes.

I agree. It gets flamed a lot here, but to be honest a lot of people who hate it will have used it with, say, a cheap SS practice amp.

With a slightly crunchy tube amp, it can produce some great rock tones. My Bad Monkey alone, with the 18 watter, could never produce enough dirt for our band's music, so my previously unused DS1 has become my primary overdrive, with the Bad Mo on solo boost duties. Sounds absolutely fantastic.

It's designed to be crunchy, bright, no-bull**** drive, and yet it gets a lot of negativity for it. Yet the Big Muff has an equally lo-tech approach and yet is lauded as a classic. Another example of bandwagon-ing I guess...