new guy here... so I will keep this short and to the point...

I love me a goldtop.. don't know why... but I love them... ANYWAYS... here is my new guitar... an AL 2000 gold top with humbuckers...

soon as I got it I changed strings to super slinkys and tuned her up.. it sounded awesome and intonation was spot on!!! for $200 I am very happy...

NOW... lets compare an AL 2000 to an AL 3000

sweet no? they both sound VERY good but distinctly different.... so its not redundant plus with a rosewood and ebony fretboard with the 3000 having polished frets they do play different

the binding on the 3000 is just purdy

headstocks obviously

2000 inlays while nice....

are blown away by the abalone inlays

the back of the guitars.. the 3000 is more of a "honey" look while the 2000 is much darker...

NOW which plays better? I personally think the 3000 plays better but my buddy likes the 2000 better so goes to show you preference is what its all about

price wise... the 2000 was 200 bucks and the 3000 was 400... HUGE bang for the buck and I do feel that the 3000 is worth the extra 200 bucks.. so then why didn't I just buy a 3000 with humbuckers? The banker (wife) keeps me in check on what I buy.... this is part of my father's day, birthday (43) and my Anniversary (20) present... this and my new Marshall Haze 15 full stack should be here beginning of the week!!!

well hopefully I actually contributed something for my first post....

Quote by Telecaster7
jeez, the old banker's ripping you off in the gift department!

nevertheless HNGD!

hahaha ripping me off? between the guitar and the Marshall Stack that is over 1K , I would say a VERY nice gift
Dont get that amp man. And have you ever wrapped the strings around the tailpiece? I did mine that way for the first time last night, and I think Im gonna keep doing it that way from here on out.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by MSG_AL
hahaha ripping me off? between the guitar and the Marshall Stack that is over 1K , I would say a VERY nice gift

Oh, sorry man, i saw the price of the guitar(s?) and all the events it/they cover, and thought "woah..."
Pretty nice guitars, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
gotta love goldtops! HNGD!
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Well, first off, HNGD!

I will say however though, that the cabs on the Marshall haze are probably going to make the amp sound mediocre. I believe it was Gabel who said that all the Haze needed was a good speaker (aka new cab) change. Also, since the cabs are what, $250 a piece, you could have just gotten the half stack and gotten the 3000 instead of the 2000. Especially if you prefer the 3000 over the 2000, having a better guitar will definitely be more satisfying than having a full stack. If it's not too late, I'd suggest at the very least only getting one cab, and upgrading to the 3000. I'd even go as far to say screw the cab it comes with and check out maybe a 2x12 cab. Unless you really want the full stack, you can easily get a better guitar and possibly cab for just losing one of the Marshall cabs.

Edit: here's Gabe's comparison to the Vox Night Train. Though obviously you are already getting the Haze, it should offer you some insight on the amp/cabs.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149567
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Last edited by Shiromar at Jul 4, 2009,
actually I got the full stack on sale for the price of one cab so none the less that is a moot point... and besides... I am cool with getting it and just finding MY tone... If I don't like the cabs i can always upgrade the speakers at a later date. While I am serious about my music I am not fanatical about it... I just like to have fun... hell my playing sucks... so I may as well have a sucky amp I suppose... but its MY money and I want a marshall haze due to the fact that i can actually play it at "normal" levels and when my neighbors are gone i can really crank it up... call me stubborn...

and while yes the 3000 is nicer I like the 2000 also... actually I own TWO 2000s so its all good, they all play very well in my limited opinion

AL
Last edited by MSG_AL at Jul 4, 2009,
I just realized what HNGD meant. I pictured a guy having a heart attack. HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGDDDDDDDDDD...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
believe me if I had the money laying around I would LOVE to own a gold top Gibson... but on Army Pay that ain't gonna happen brother... so... I go with Agile... I don't own a Gibson so I can't say I love them better than the Agile.. so right now.. with my budget and until someone offers me a free Gibson.. I will be very very happy with what I am blessed to have.

AL
Quote by Pencil Man
I just realized what HNGD meant. I pictured a guy having a heart attack. HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGDDDDDDDDDD...

at my age... I am glad we have figure that one out

OH and here is another "personal" review of the HAZE 15... doesn't sound muddy to me... we will see in a few days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlYRfDvDF8

AL
Last edited by MSG_AL at Jul 4, 2009,
Very nice. I kind of want to spring for a 3000 just to have a cheap guitar for the Blues and Rush stuff I play. How are the pups in the 3000?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Pencil Man

Damn it now I won't ever be able to look at HNGD without laughing.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Very nice. I kind of want to spring for a 3000 just to have a cheap guitar for the Blues and Rush stuff I play. How are the pups in the 3000?

classic sound .... kinda noisy (typical) unless you engage both pickups... but I like the these tones myself... is there better? I am sure.. but for 400 bucks... umm I am very satified,,, I don't want to keep buying the same sound over and over so I went with the P90s.. I have a lot of different guitars so I can cover different sounds so the p 90s fit nicely as I don't want to just throw money away

AL
Hngd
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
Quote by Pencil Man

sig lol.
Anyway, HNGD!
I'n thinking of getting a goldtop(but Epi) pretty soon.
EDIT:Can't find where the hell s sig editing lol
Last edited by Firebirdz at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by MSG_AL
actually I got the full stack on sale for the price of one cab so none the less that is a moot point... and besides... I am cool with getting it and just finding MY tone... If I don't like the cabs i can always upgrade the speakers at a later date. While I am serious about my music I am not fanatical about it... I just like to have fun... hell my playing sucks... so I may as well have a sucky amp I suppose... but its MY money and I want a marshall haze due to the fact that i can actually play it at "normal" levels and when my neighbors are gone i can really crank it up... call me stubborn...

and while yes the 3000 is nicer I like the 2000 also... actually I own TWO 2000s so its all good, they all play very well in my limited opinion

AL

Well I do recommend you to change th cabinet, they are very badle voiced IMO. You could change the speaker perhaps, but the cabinet itself is pretty bad quality. My tip is to get an Avatar cab in the future. The Haze itself is a good amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I got the full stack... if you back off on the bass it sound very nice as far as I am concerned... but to each his own.. and I like your suggestion for the avatar cab... I may look into that in the future when my skills catch up to my equipment
happy belated NGD

not sure how I missed this the first time around. love the agiles though.