I'm thinking of taking on this task but would like to spend as little as possible.
The neck is 9.5"-10"
I'm thinking of getting...

-Pre-radiused fret wire
-Rubber fret hammer
-Fret pulling thing

I have some small files, and as far as i can tell i don't REALLY need anything else.

any thoughts?
a fret press is the quickest way. a radius wheel, fret pliers, a brass drift and neoprene drift or double sided mallet, and some blocks.
if youve never done it before and dont plan on doing it again have someone do it for you. you'll spend more on equipment that it'll cost to have it done..with out bindings i charge 60 plus materials(strings and special order fretwire)
Quote by jhaymon
a fret press is the quickest way. a radius wheel, fret pliers, a brass drift and neoprene drift or double sided mallet, and some blocks.
if youve never done it before and dont plan on doing it again have someone do it for you. you'll spend more on equipment that it'll cost to have it done..with out bindings i charge 60 plus materials(strings and special order fretwire)

USD? That's crazy cheap. I've been wanting to refret my RG, but the ones that are qualified to do it here charge at least 4 times that much! Too bad I don't live in Texas.
Guitars:
Ibanez IC400BK
Ibanez RG550BK

Amplifiers:
ENGL Screamer 50 Combo
yeah finding someone like me could be a problem. go to your local music stores and ask. they'll have people they recommend.
for me its just useless skill number 23. i learned all this stuff at rockn robins and it seems like kinda a waste not to do something im good at. but you know i don't do it for a living its mainly my way of supporting local music down here.