I have a really bad, cheap Washburn x20 guitar, so i figured I'd try to mod it in some way, for fun. I've stripped it down completely and taken off the neck, and I'm now in the process of removing the old finish, and it's a real pain in the butt. I'm sandpapering it, and I've even tried a shuffle sander, but the process is still horribly slow. I've spent a full day and I've only done 10-15 square inches. Please help me! What is the best way to do it?

Thank you!!!
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
I used machine sanders. I used a belt sander to get the top layer or paint off...then I just sanded the rest. Took me maybe an hour to sand the whole guitar. It was a Strat though
rough sand paper first, then medium grit, then get down to like the 1000 grit
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I use roughness 60... still takes too friggin long
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Really low grit sandpaper, think 60 or 80 grit on a palm sander.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Washburn guitars uses alot of coats of paint, and so it takes a while to strip them. It took me many hours with an electric sander to get it down all the way, then two more hours by hand with the horns. You are in for the long haul now though.