Hey UG,

Just wondering,is it possible to take the guitar track out of the original music file to make a backing track?Is there a programme that does it??

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
No you would need the original tracks for the song which would, at least to my knowledge be next to impossible to get unless the artist has released them.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Nope.
The only way to do that is if you have a 5.1 mix - assuming guitar is entirely it's own channel, and then you'd need a hefty amount of software to get that going.
I think the Vox Jamvox recording thing can do this but I think it is fairly expensive.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
You'd need to to be in tracks already, so no.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
guitarbt.com

This site has a number of free downloadable backing tracks.
There are a handful of programs and gadgets that claim to be able to do it, but I"m highly doubtful. The only real way to do it would be to get your hands on the original master tapes and make a new mix. That's not going to happen.
In other words
Find already done tracks, you're likely not gonna be able to do it.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Hey, I'm in the search of a software that allows you to slow down the music so i can transcribe some solos that I'm working on. Do you have any suggestions?
Audacity, or download TuxGuitar and you can slow down the tabs. (GuitarPro is better but you have to buy it)
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Your best bet is looking for the master track of the guitar part of the song you want to use in torrents and such, if you're into that sort of thing.