i have been saving up for a while and i want some new equipment but dont know what i should get first, a new guitar or a new amp.
i want to spend around 500 pounds and at the moment i have and epiphone les paul and a peavey vypyr 30 watt amp.
i only really play in my bedroom so i dont need a loud amp but i would like to eventually get a decent tube amp. im happy with my guitar but would like a better sound so what would be the best thing to buy first.
i would get an new amp since you have a vyper i guess you play heavy rock if so i would recomend looking at a peavey valveking 112
Maybe check this amp. There is also a video review below the specifications. I've only played it on a clean, and it sound great. It's really affordable too, I'm going to get one myself soon. The greates part is that it's full tube
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
well i was thinking about gettin a blackstar ht-5 if i get a new amp. if i got a new amp would new pickups make much of a difference to the sound on an epi les paul.
yea a new amp would help. i recommend what i got and alot of my friends have as well. the vox 30 watt or 50 watt valvetronix. they sound amazing, can get very loud for such a low wattage, and have alot of good modeling stuff built in so u can branch out ur style some without having to spend alot of new pedals.
Quote by Xx Andy xX
well i was thinking about gettin a blackstar ht-5 if i get a new amp. if i got a new amp would new pickups make much of a difference to the sound on an epi les paul.

good choice and yes they will make a difference for your epi.