Just thought i'd show off my new pick ups after months of blood sweat and tears!

Bought them months ago but could never get them working properly.

If you havent guessed already, it is an EMG 81 85 active zet, were part of the Zakk Wylde set. Bought off of ebay for £70!

Got the guitar back from the tech just a few days ago, sadly there were some damages left on the guitar, and the switch isn't wired correctly, but they still work. So we'll just leave it as it is!

Sorry for the bad quality photo, it was taken on a phone and were heavily edited to fit the size limit.
Attachments:
pup23.jpg
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Jul 4, 2009,
Nice, £70 is like the price some loosers would pay for one pickup lol. Having said that i have to agree with saucy here, you're paying a guitar tech, you should expect the best of jobs.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
so you pay him and get it home and its still broken and you just kinda sit there?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
I've had all of my EMG's through eBay ;D Two 81's, one 60, and an 85. The most I paid was £40 for one, then the cheapest was £30.

Good work, fella.

Edit: and he damaged your guitar?

I'd ask for the money back.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Man, if your tech basically didn't do what you asked him to, take it back!

Also, welcome to the world of EMG's : )
It's a beautiful place.

It is one hell of a place! I would take it back, but its really not worth the hassle.

Quote by Xhale1
ur guitar will rock ur coc----world! bad ass v man \m/

And thank you very much! I love that guitar like a child!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by -MintSauce-
How much did you pay for the work?

£95 for a full re-wire too freakin' much if you ask me.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by -MintSauce-
WOAH.

Man, seriously. Get some money back, and get it redone! That's like taking your car in for a service, and getting it back with the wheels missing, having had no work done to it.

I might give them a ring monday morning, the only reason why i havent yet is that the switch just doesnt work both pickups at the same time, which i can live with, and as you can just make out on the picture, the knobs are worn.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
wow if a tech messed up something as simple as that, you ahve to take it back. pickup wiring is really simple. It doesn't take that long and is relatively easy. gj though. i love the look of emgs on that. I'm getting emg's for my rr5
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack