I've been playin guitar for about 3 years now and I'm into alot of hard rock like, metal, hardcore, alternative etc. And Its about time I buy a damn delay pedal but Ive come up on so many different ones that I'm not entirely sure what would best suit my style. Ive been looking at the MXR Carbon Copy, Boss DD-3,5,7, and the Line 6 DL4. I just need some help and suggestions on what I should get or how I should go about getting a delay. Thanks very much.
first off wats ur budget??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
umm my budget would probably be like 150. but i buy everything off ebay so its much cheaper than retail at guitarcenter.
Quote by nightraven
i know i've been hyping this up massively but it really is awesome: tc electronic nova repeater

+3
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The Carbon Copy is amazing clean or with slight overdrive, absolutely beatiful and you can pull off all sorts of tricks with it. But try playing it with distortion and it may as well not be there, you may also not like it for it's inability to give an exact delay and lack of tap tempo.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
id suggest the line 6 echo park, its pretty gd myu friend has it and its great, but i didnt buy it cos i dont really need delay
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by DrFuzz
The Carbon Copy is amazing clean or with slight overdrive, absolutely beatiful and you can pull off all sorts of tricks with it.

No

Quote by soloXshredder
id suggest the line 6 echo park, its pretty good my friend has it and it's great, but i didn't buy it because i dont really need delay

First I fixed your terrible grammar and spelling. Second, the Echo Park sucks. Nova Repeater if you can, otherwise try something from Malekko.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^+1. Problem is, I can't find a place that sells the 616

PGS is out
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by DrFuzz
The Carbon Copy is amazing clean or with slight overdrive, absolutely beatiful and you can pull off all sorts of tricks with it. But try playing it with distortion and it may as well not be there, you may also not like it for it's inability to give an exact delay and lack of tap tempo.

carbon copy sucks. analog delay, look at wamplers analog echo for the same price
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Wow, just like that, the Carbon Copy bandwagon was destroyed.

And as always I recommend the Hardwire DL-8, but the Nova Repeater would still sound better. Keep in mind it doesn't have a looper, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Wow, just like that, the Carbon Copy bandwagon was destroyed.

wait... there was a Carbon Copy bandwagon?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Yeah, there was. It was kind of ridiculous.

The TC Electronic RPT-1 Nova Repeater is sweet, or the Boss DD-7, if you want digital. Malekko delays are delish for analog, and so is the new Lovepedal Echo Baby.
Quote by CullenT
Second, the Echo Park sucks.

No.
No it does not.

It's stupid paying full price for it though.....for $150, the Nova Repeator would be one of TS's best options.
What's with all the Carbon Copy bashing? I tried it the other day and thought it was pretty decent, especially for the price. What's so bad about it?

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
Its UG, bandwagoning and bashing galore on here. Its nothing new, most of the people that recommend pedals or equipment have barely played it themselves. Personally I love my Carbon Copy, to each their own.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Really, it's not that the Carbon Copy is a bad delay (although personally the delay's aren't clear enough for me), it's that at one point every time someone started a thread asking about delays, there would be 20 posts saying 'OMG, teh carbon copy is teh secks', no matter what the TS asked for.
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Vox Time Machine is a nifty delay.

yes it is , i think thats the next delay pedal im gonna buy
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
well, the CC sux for a couple of reasons I can name. The first is the sound, to me it is not a great sounding delay, and by that I mean sterile. Analog delay should not sound sterile. The second is when I bought one, the next day it wouldn't work. Took it back to GC and got another, after having it for 5 days, I began to dislike the sound the CC produced. THen on the 9th day or so, it quit working and thn it would work, then it would quit woriking and then it would halfway work. I took it back, got my money back. Salesman at GC said that it was a common problem with the CC pedals soooooooo that is the reason I say that the MXR Carbon Copy Delay sucks ****.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads