Page 1 of 2
Awesome game, i ocassionally still play it with friends, but the new blocks
(Time Spiral onwards)
just suck (totally imba/unfair) and are the reason why i quit playing magic years ago.

Share your experiences with the card game here please.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
well, i once found a card of that game and it looked quite boring to me so i traded it for a pokemon card
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
I had a small deck, but very rarely found anyone to play with. I've been told I had some pretty good cards, but I was too inexperienced to use them effectively.

I've forgotten the rules since.
See, This is why you are still a Virgin.

aaaaaand
/Thread
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
this and DnD blazed is crazy fun.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
haha, funny a thread like this comes up. I used to play about 7 years ago. A few buddies of mine all got into it just recently so I started playing again which in turn got my older brother into it again. My decks are pretty old though so against newer cards can be alittle difficult. Though I do have Mortivore (power and toughness = all creatures in all graveyards) and Phage the Untouchable (Deals combat damage to creature its destroyed, to player they lose the game)
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I like the game.

green/black/white, ftw.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I still have my deck, but I haven't played for a really long time, but I absolutely loved it back then
Goblin Burn Deck FTW wont even know what hit you
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
Quote by sergc118
Goblin Burn Deck FTW wont even know what hit you

that is win. I usually go Green/Red or Black/Blue/White though . You can make such an asshole out of yourself with the latter (counter this, kill spell that, cripple this, make opponent discard half their deck, ect.)
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
If you actually play the game it's really fun. I only played it once or twice though.
I went with a friend to what was supposed to be a poker night once. When we got there everyone was playing Magic the gathering. We left immediately.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
people still play that sh*t?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Magic was great, i think i still have all my cards somewhere...forget all the rules though. Also:
Quote by Gryphon999
well, i once found a card of that game and it looked quite boring to me so i traded it for a pokemon card

WTF IS WITH POKEMON!? that **** died 10 years ago. Pokemon is teh sux
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I went with a friend to what was supposed to be a poker night once. When we got there everyone was playing Magic the gathering. We left immediately.

... That's great.
White/Red

Life gain/Burn

My best win: Infinite Life - -Infinite Life

I stopped playing after Time Spiral re-introduced Slivers. That was the ablsolute wrost thing to come out of MAgic.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by JohnnyV
Magic was great, i think i still have all my cards somewhere...forget all the rules though. Also:

WTF IS WITH POKEMON!? that **** died 10 years ago. Pokemon is teh sux

i can hear the pit gods grumbling.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Well, i have some kind of Red/Black
Goblin Kamikaze Deck xD

Grave Pact, Stuff that makes fear+everytime a goblin dies "insert effect"+Buncha Goblins=WIN
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I played it many years ago
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I just bought a lot of five hundred random cards and another one of 120 basic lands. This all cost me $23, shipping included. Hopefully I get a decent deck or two out of it.

But, anyway, Magic is a fun game, and an insanely nerdy one
pandora.com for kick ass free radio.
with the recent event of the game coming out on the xbox live marketplace, a girl i know and i got the idea to play the game in real life again. so me and her and this other guy recently bought some cards to play with. im trying to build a deck, and im not sure if anyones ever thought of this concept for a deck yet lol. are there many cards that involve the sacrifice of opponents land cards? concept: the opponent cant play spells or creatures, if theyve got no mana to spend on them.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Hey I'm looking for a free program that makes fake magic cards or maybe a website that provides blank templates. I wanna make some joke cards to throw down in the middle of a game. Anyone know of any programs or websites that let you do this?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
you're going to hell for reviving this thread

just so you know
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I only play once or twice a year when I see my friends from another state. I used to have some other people to play with in middle but I haven't talked to them in years.

I play a green/black deck. The Green side of my strategy is a sort of mana rush/beatdown thing, where I get a ****load of lands really fast so I can play huge creatures as soon as possible. The black side of things strips cards out of my opponents hand and severely limits their options. Thus I have total control.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
i still have one deck (elfs ftw!) just so i remember the good old times.
i used to go to tournaments and stuff when i was 12, i was good
Last edited by KirbyzShadow at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by coheed713
White/Red

Life gain/Burn

My best win: Infinite Life - -Infinite Life

I stopped playing after Time Spiral re-introduced Slivers. That was the ablsolute wrost thing to come out of MAgic.

Slivers were so cheap.
I remember playing magic in elementary school, I'm pretty sure I lost all my cards when I moved though. I had so many rare cards too! Kamahl Pit Fighter, Akroma, Phage, Ixior(?), Radiant, Sliver Queen, etc.

Good times
EDIT:
Quote by Linqua5150
concept: the opponent cant play spells or creatures, if theyve got no mana to spend on them.

My friend had a deck kind of like that it was a red/black partial burn deck.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Last edited by hide_the_beer at Aug 29, 2009,
exact same situation as ts. green and white seemed too good so i declared it cheating to everybody i played with. freekin soldiers and armour/equipment. green/red beast deck ftw everytime. so strategyless it rapedizzled. "my guy bigger than yours, my guyz winz!!!"
Quote by illuminatiano
this and DnD blazed is crazy fun.

I agree wholeheartedly

Me and my friends recently got into it as something to do while blazed. We always forget to write down the score so we always forget. That always plays into our strategy of hoping the other forgets our life so we can slowly build our life back up by saying like a plus 1 number instead of the actual number, we lie alot.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Last edited by tayroar at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by tayroar
I agree wholeheartedly

Me and my friends recently got into it as something to do while blazed. We always forget to write down the score so we always forget. That always plays into our strategy of hoping the other forgets our life so we can slowly build our life back up by saying like a plus 1 number instead of the actual number, we lie alot.

Haha same, always lieing :P

Also my friends have this darksteel gargoyle card wich is indestructible, sucks balls they block everything.

(Don´t go complaining ´Old thread is old´, because if i made a new thread people would say ´ Yeah my favorite card is the ´Searchbar´ his ability is that if you pay 2 Islands you can search the bar for some beer´
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I Agree With The New Sets Being Unfair, But There Are Already Multiple Threads On The Subject
-JBSwreckfest
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Wow, I'd forgotten about MTG. I used to play about ten years ago. Good times. I was a geeky child.
Page 1 of 2