Hey everyone. I was wondering, what type of metal would you want to play at a party? It seems most people are more into rock or pop and I don't know if it would be awkward to play metal or not. I'm a high-schooler if it matters. Any suggestions or stories?
It isn't metal, but I had a friend play Korn at a party. It was awesome. And not Korn's new crap. I mean like 90s Korn music. Best party music ever, since it's kind of a blend of rap and heavy music during some songs.
at my parties we play metal/ hardcore stuff, like bring me the horizon has great songs for parties, almost any song with a good beat works
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Generally people like to dance and have fun at parties. If you are with a special goth/metal crowd that really digs exactly the type of metal you like, then you can go ahead and play what you like but sometimes playing that favorite slayer song will get girls make a b-line for the door.

Many people like house music as it has that constant thumping bass. As far as metal, you might try to go for something a little dancy. Maybe like Korns 3rd album, the one with the track Got the life, or maybe some Lynken Park or some well chosen System of a Down. I don't even try and play metal at parties anymore, I just go for some straight up house music. Check out Boys Noize, its house music but they use filters and stuff that makes synths sound like distorted guitars.
Well, at the parties i go to, it's usually everything ranging from The Beatles to Black Vomit we listen to. If your circle of friends is.. well.. into music as a whole, you shouldn't worry.

But there will always be some douche sitting in the corner, yelling "ZOMGZ, GIEF HARDSTYLE". And his ass you need to kick. And he'll ALWAYS be there. But you can beat him everytime then. Kinda solves itself ^^
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Some of the most well-known Metallica songs should probably do well, also Killing in the Name by RATM should be a hit.
Thanks guys. I don't know why I didn't think about Metallica, lol. SOAD and Korn could also work out nicely.
Quote by EmilGD
Some of the most well-known Metallica songs should probably do well, also Killing in the Name by RATM should be a hit.

killing in the name is always great to hear at a party! same for metallica
Party Metal = Folk Metal or Groove Metal
Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Eluveitie....
Demageplan, Pantera...
Quote by allislost
then i take back what i said and i award you with 10 points! use them wisely...

Enchance your Soling

Quote by funkyducky

desadaphas get's a nod from me
for he knows that tea pwns coffee

My first lyric in Englich
Quote by desadaphas
Party Metal = Folk Metal or Groove Metal
Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Eluveitie....
Demageplan, Pantera...

Folk Metal! That's awesome, I woulda NEVER thought about that!
Quote by Talon_Leader
metal
Quote by Talon_Leader
play at a party
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by Nietsche
cynic

This. lol.

When I first thought of Folk metal at a party I got thinking about having a pan flute band at a party...
Quote by Avedas
This. lol.

When I first thought of Folk metal at a party I got thinking about having a pan flute band at a party...

D'you wanna book my and my pals? (We've got only two pan-flutes but we've got bulgarian whistles, tin whistles and bansurais)
Quote by allislost
then i take back what i said and i award you with 10 points! use them wisely...

Enchance your Soling

Quote by funkyducky

desadaphas get's a nod from me
for he knows that tea pwns coffee

My first lyric in Englich
I guess try something like For Whom the Bell Tolls. That has a great bass part, so it thumps quite a bit, especially with a loud bassist.
Man, you guys are great, really. Cynic would be good for parties and the bass parts are definitely important. I learn so much here everyday. ^_^
Quote by hitl
killing in the name is always great to hear at a party! same for metallica

DEFINITELY killing in the name. I once sorta DJed this party, and put it as a joke, and saw that everyone ****ing knows and loves that song, to my great suprise.
Rubys.
We could change the world if we had the source code.
Metal and parties are a cliche... lol. But if you seriously had a need for music, Lamb of God is pretty well liked by even the 'Rocker dudes' haha.
hmmm, not sure about that last one. Metallica is a safe bet. Even the earlier stuff goes down well. "Seek and Destroy" fits any occaison. NIB by Black Sabbath is good as well, cause it has this big groove to it
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.