Well, seeing as the Plexi model on the Flextone doesn't really have enough gain, and I need an excuse to buy a new pedal ( ), and need a medium-gain British sound, what are the good people of UGs' opinions on the Plexitube?

And what are some other good quality British sounding pedals I could look into?

And I don't really like the PurplePlexi, so that's already out.

Thanks guys.

And budget doesn't really matter. Working man
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
It's useless to put pedals on a modeling amp such as the flextone, and I know that you know that. Since budget is no issue, save for a ceriatone plexi, it's still under a grand.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Well, I figured that answer would come. And yes, you are indeed right. However, my goal at the moment is just getting my pedalboard down and set, so that when I do get my next amp, which, in all actuality, probably will be a Ceriatone 18watter, I won't have to worry about anything else.

Ass-backwards I know, but it's just how I've decided to do things :shrugs:
--

--
I think it'd be a bit pointless to buy a Plexi-ish pedal to put in front of an 18 watter clone.
I'm really liking the Dirty Little Secret....

And in all honesty, the pedal will be used on a really nice clean channel on my amp. Probably a JC120. Not to where I'm trying to boost it. Because that would not sound good.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I'm really liking the Dirty Little Secret....

And in all honesty, the pedal will be used on a really nice clean channel on my amp. Probably a JC120. Not to where I'm trying to boost it. Because that would not sound good.

The DLS is great because of the stacked mu-amp circuit design. Results in a much more dynamic sound that'll mimic the sound of cranked tube amp more.

The Lovepedal is a LM386-based unit, IIRC...