Is it?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
No.

/thread
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
No.

Voltmeter= Measures electrical tension.
OHMmeter= Measures electrical resistance.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Timothym
If you have an ammeter you only need one.

Thats an entirely different third thing.
Ammeter tells you how many amps of current there are
Voltmeter tells you voltage
Ohmmeter tells resistance

you can get a mulitmeter that will do multiple though, or just a little V=IR and figure it all out
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Not at all. A voltmeter measures voltages. A ohmmeter measures the resistance of components/etc.

Look for a multimeter. It's a volt-amp-ohmmeter all in one. They usually can do even more, like measuring the hFe of transistors, or measuring capacitors. Most of them also have a test-diodes function. In other words; Multimeter > voltmeter, ampmeter, ohmmeter, etc.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Ackj
Thats an entirely different third thing.
Ammeter tells you how many amps of current there are
Voltmeter tells you voltage
Ohmmeter tells resistance

you can get a mulitmeter that will do multiple though, or just a little V=IR and figure it all out

I think the point of his post was that if you have the current (from the Ammeter) and then get either the voltage or Ohmage, you don't need the device for the missing unit, because the simple equation V = IR will solve it for you. He just didn't explain it like you or me did.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by Ackj
V=IR

That's what I was getting at.

You don't need three devices.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I think the point of his post, was that if you have the current (from the Ammeter) and then get either the voltage or Ohmage, you don't need the device for the missing unit, because the simple equation V = I/r will solve it for you.

Yeah, but getting a multimeter is just much more simple. Anyways, people who repair electronic equipements rarely measure the current. All you need to do is to check tensions at various spots, and then test components. Often, an oscilloscope is also required but that's not something you should buy before a multimeter.

I highly suggest you just get a multimeter. You can get one for 50$ and it'll last your whole life(of course, if you don't throw it around and all).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
Yeah, but getting a multimeter is just much more simple. Anyways, people who repair electronic equipements rarely measure the current. All you need to do is to check tensions at various spots, and then test components. Often, an oscilloscope is also required but that's not something you should buy before a multimeter.

I highly suggest you just get a multimeter. You can get one for 50$ and it'll last your whole life(of course, if you don't throw it around and all).

I know, was just giving timothym the benefit of the doubt I'm a Sound Engineering student, and last year did a lot of electrical engineering in our Audio Electronics and Digital Audio Technology modules, so I have used multimeters and oscilloscopes lots of times. Even if I spent half the time making patterns on the oscilloscope
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
no... Resistance = Current/ Voltage
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████